Friedman Golden Pearl - digging it

Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Friedman Golden Pearl - digging it

Post by Mini Forklift »

AiRdAd wrote:Dibs and a review please :-)
I got this pedal about a week ago, boy what a lovely little thing she is :clap:

From guitar-amp I am running:

Snouse BlackBox-Friedman Golden Pearl-Boss GE-7-Boss MD-500

* BlackBox is an always-on pedal and set to give just a hair of crunch when engaged, it's subtle but you notice it when it's off
* Friedman gets kicked on for solos and man this thing cuts through - I've experimented with the switches but to my old ears they just sound best left in the middle
* The Boss Equalizer acts mainly as a volume boost, I guess, I don't know it's main purpose but things sound a bit flat when it's off
* The Boss MD-500 covers the effects which currently aren't lots, but I love the option of being able to run two effects at the same time. I have Chorus & Leslie on one patch (a'la Steve Rothery), Dimension C & Phaser on another (a'la Kossoff) and I just set up a 3rd patch with Vibrato. Just lovely, I could lose myself for days... thinking about it that would probably please the wife.

Anyhow, very happy with it. I feel it occupies the same sort of territory as a beefed up Klon/Archer, seems to be reasonably transparent which I like. This is the first pedal I have had of theirs and it hasn't disappointed

Optical
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 142 times

Re: Friedman Golden Pearl - digging it

Post by Optical »

Sorta interesting tube screamer derivative, fairly close to the Timmy but using LEDs which i also like to do, fixed treble roll off with a switchable treble roll off frequency :)

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

I want one to use with the Suhr Badger. Think it'd be just the ticket.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Molly wrote:I want one to use with the Suhr Badger. Think it'd be just the ticket.
I agree :-)

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Post by Reg18 »

Optical wrote:Sorta interesting tube screamer derivative, fairly close to the Timmy but using LEDs which i also like to do, fixed treble roll off with a switchable treble roll off frequency :)

Funny how everything comes back to a TS in the world of overdrives if you trace the family tree back far enough!
I just picked up an old MIJ Ibanez Super Tube STL and that is a great sounding TS variant. Can add in low mids to thicken it up somewhat.