Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Belated NGD - Relish

Post by Bg »

robthemac wrote:
Conway wrote:Seeing this has come to the surface again, I've put 11 gauge strings on it now and lowered the action and fricken' hell, it's awesome!
Any feedback on the bamboo fretboard?
Not if you stand far enough away from the amp...

I'm here all week, try the veal.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

codedog wrote:
Conway wrote:Seeing this has come to the surface again, I've put 11 gauge strings on it now and lowered the action and fricken' hell, it's awesome!
I've always wondered about this. Do you do bends much? The reason for asking... I can't bend with low action. I find, when I bend a string, the neighbouring lower string tends to push it back down if it's too low. I find the lower neighbouring string has to catch the middle of my fingertip as I'm pushing up. Does that make sense?
Yeah, I get what you're saying. I don't do huge bends, like note and a half, but I do catch the string above - it doesn't seem to be a problem though.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

robthemac wrote:
Any feedback on the bamboo fretboard?
As in squealy squawky? Only when I want it to. :twisted:

It's fine, doesn't really feel any different to maple or ebony.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

MrDINO wrote:Swiss Army knife guitar?
That's what I call it. It is very versatile - single coil, humbuckers and piezo. :thumbup:

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Conway wrote:
That's what I call it. It is very versatile - single coil, humbuckers and piezo. :thumbup:
But no toothpick...

Don't eat the veal it's shit
:mental:

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

codedog wrote:
I've always wondered about this. Do you do bends much? The reason for asking... I can't bend with low action. I find, when I bend a string, the neighbouring lower string tends to push it back down if it's too low. I find the lower neighbouring string has to catch the middle of my fingertip as I'm pushing up. Does that make sense?
Thats usually not due to a low action, but due to the action not following the fretboard radius.

We naturally want to bend the top 3 strings up, so each string must be set to the fretboard radius curve, then you will always catch the string correctly no matter the action height.
And vice versa on the bottom strings.

Of course if you have a greater radius curve, heading towards flatter, then its going to be more difficult.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Olderama wrote:
Conway wrote:
But no toothpick...

Don't eat the veal it's shit
dude its lovely, its veal cheek slow cooked in red wine with crispy polenta!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Have played this.
It does so many things in a new way, like the 17position, touch screen pup selector which you change from SC to HB by tapping once with two fingers.

Or the use of magnets to attach the rear body panel and the pickups to the beautifully made aluminium body chassis. The guitar feels rock solid and durable (I don't include the electronics here; they should be fine but hey, they're tech.)

There's a lot of forward looking intelligence packed into this thing. I like it.

And Conway makes it sound great! :thumbup:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.