SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by SimonHirst »

Went through and checked all the audio, and power this morning before some recording. All working perfectly!
Last photos to show how it looks all finished.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1002 times
Been liked: 2463 times

Post by Slowy »

smallboard.jpg
This works really well.

tallboard.jpg
So I don't understand why I absolutely need this. :roll:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Yeah, you don't need that Timmy. I'll take it :thumbup:
Loving it so far

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

StratMatt wrote:Yeah, you don't need that Timmy. I'll take it :thumbup:
Timmy got retired for a while; then I got my first humbucker guitar and Timmy's back at work.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

Slowy wrote:
smallboard.jpg
This works really well.

tallboard.jpg
So I don't understand why I absolutely need this. :roll:

If we all played through no more than what we needed, we'd most likely all be KOCs.

Boring! Gotta have Completely Unnecessary Needless Toys, to offset all the KOCs.

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

I believe I'm set for the indefinite future.
I will dial in the compressor and set eqs for unity tomorrow (left one is tele, right one is goldtop).

Guitar >> sd1 >> amp

Effects send >> black loop switch box thing (top right) to go between eqs or remove completely >> compressor >> big muff >> tuner (100% mute) >> dd20 >> effects return
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

NPD ex Conway.

Not sure it will replace any OD staples on my board but this is a seriously good piece of kit. Best tone control on anything....ever. Dime it, Strat bridge pup and it's all chime and presence. And birds falling from the sky. All the way down and you've got a lovely dark roar.
It's got that edgy intensity that promises to work perfectly in a band.

Will take a while to learn it methinks. 8)
Boiling Point.JPG

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Single coil wrote:I believe I'm set for the indefinite future.
I will dial in the compressor and set eqs for unity tomorrow (left one is tele, right one is goldtop).

Guitar >> sd1 >> amp

Effects send >> black loop switch box thing (top right) to go between eqs or remove completely >> compressor >> big muff >> tuner (100% mute) >> dd20 >> effects return
Two GE-7s?
Dibs on one. :D

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

naw gurl, one for each (important) guitar.
I barely play the rg at all.
I can set the amp to be nice to the rg, then the ge7s so the other two play nice.
I am going for a set and forget on the eqs, so I don't have to piss around with the amp controls and all the pedals every time I want to plug something else in. God that was a hassle.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Boiling Point.JPG
Spent the morning working through this (the afternoon riding my mountain bike and this evening with a few drinks watching the AB's)
Really sucks to be me. :lol:

This is one extraordinary pedal; I've never met something with such a range of voices from clean boost to fuzz. I'm a little shaken because its clean boost seems better than my beloved J Rockett Archer.

Regardless of how it's set up, it cuts. My Zen Drive has a great fat, warm tone. This can mimic it but there's a bit less warm and way more slice. It's not really a lounge room pedal; too intense and would get tiring pretty quick, but as the core of a live rig, oh yes!
Which brings me to a dilemma. So many useful tones but no way to switch on the fly. :problem:

Anybody got a Rockbox Boiling Point for sale? :roll:

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 441 times
Been liked: 373 times

Post by dayl »

Just got this setup. A lil premature as the cables still need to be wired but...damn... took forever to get this configuration and it still overflows a lil in some places..... I was never good at Tetris.

Looking forward to adding the presets.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

A little overflow means its the perfect sized board :)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7647 times
Been liked: 4148 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

dayl wrote:Just got this setup. A lil premature as the cables still need to be wired but...damn... took forever to get this configuration and it still overflows a lil in some places..... I was never good at Tetris.

Looking forward to adding the presets.

Looks wicked - what's the blue pedal and the white one next to it on the right?
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 441 times
Been liked: 373 times

Post by dayl »

AiRdAd wrote:
Looks wicked - what's the blue pedal and the white one next to it on the right?
The blue is the WMD Arcane Preamp. Its a Clean boost/OD on one side and a 3 chan eq Fuzz on the other. Combined it makes the saggiest sponge Fuzztortion. The white one is a Protone Variable Attack OD. Really tight n bright sounding OD that does things a lil differently to the 808 and works/stacks with it really well too.