Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 384 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by dayl »

jeremyb wrote:
I almost bought one when music planet were doing them for cheaps, hmmm at $114.50 now... tempted :lol: with a ton of delay feedback and reverb it could be kinda useful....
Woah, last time I checked it was $150 :shock:

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

Had a bit of a think, and a bit of a play ... and changed everything around.

The only pedal in the signal path between guitar and amp is the SD1.
Everything else is in the effects loop as follows:
Send: Big muff >> loop box into one of two GE7s (left is goldtop, right is tele) >> tuner >> dd20 >> return.

Big muff in the loop sounds very different, and very good. There's just more of it to play with, somehow. It also plays well with the drive channel now.
SD1 in the effects loop just wasn't nice.

only drawback I've found is the amp needs to be on for the tuner to go hahahah
I think the eqs for each guitar might be doing something weird to the big muff but I'm as yet unconvinced.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

That's interesting, conventional wisdom would not have a Big Muff in an amp loop but you can't argue with you ears!

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

You're quite right. Prior to this, I'd not ever put a gain stage (as it were) in an effects loop, aside from a compressor. It's just never worked before.
Run into the front end it makes a hash of the gain channel and only works on clean. Now it does both well, but I prefer it against the drive channel.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 227 times

Post by Delayman »

Single coil wrote:Had a bit of a think, and a bit of a play ... and changed everything around.

The only pedal in the signal path between guitar and amp is the SD1.
Everything else is in the effects loop as follows:
Send: Big muff >> loop box into one of two GE7s (left is goldtop, right is tele) >> tuner >> dd20 >> return.

Big muff in the loop sounds very different, and very good. There's just more of it to play with, somehow. It also plays well with the drive channel now.
SD1 in the effects loop just wasn't nice.

only drawback I've found is the amp needs to be on for the tuner to go hahahah
I think the eqs for each guitar might be doing something weird to the big muff but I'm as yet unconvinced.
Is there a reason you can't put the tu2 before your sd1?
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

Yes - I have the tuner after everything and before the delay for two reasons.
1: where it is, it kills all signal and allows the delay to trail off nicely at the end of a song or wherever.
2: pertaining to reason one, it kills all signal (except delay), so there's no guitar hum, no big muff whirr, and no sd1 hiss. The big muff can then be turned off without popping and carrying on and feeding into the delay.
Never understood why people put the tuner first when the mute is so useful.

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

Bonus round: it's a tu3. :lol:

Darth Sabbathi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 374 times

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

My pedal line up has been in a constant state of flux for the past year and a half... I'm getting a bit sick of the messing about though, so thought I'd try and settle on something and leave it the fuck alone for a while. We'll see how that goes... :think:

Giving myself plenty of fuzz options... no surprises there. :wink: Two boards cos I'm retarded and can't handle stepping over pedals. I was using a loop switcher for a while, which was cool, just too many bloody cables.

The fuzzes: Ophidia = Rangemaster perfection from Tony; Electric Eye = MkI Tone Bender perfection from Pigdog; Buzzsound = Buzzaround from Castledine; Blackblood = insane doom machine from Dunwich Amplification.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Post by Reg18 »

Darth Sabbathi wrote:My pedal line up has been in a constant state of flux for the past year and a half... I'm getting a bit sick of the messing about though, so thought I'd try and settle on something and leave it the fuck alone for a while. We'll see how that goes... :think:

Giving myself plenty of fuzz options... no surprises there. :wink: Two boards cos I'm retarded and can't handle stepping over pedals. I was using a loop switcher for a while, which was cool, just too many bloody cables.

The fuzzes: Ophidia = Rangemaster perfection from Tony; Electric Eye = MkI Tone Bender perfection from Pigdog; Buzzsound = Buzzaround from Castledine; Blackblood = insane doom machine from Dunwich Amplification.

How are you using the deco? Always been curious but never could think up how I'd actually use it!

Darth Sabbathi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

Reg18 wrote: How are you using the deco? Always been curious but never could think up how I'd actually use it!
Mostly just for the flange to be honest. I sometimes consider selling it and getting a dedicated through zero flanger, but I'm actually pretty happy with it. I particularly like the auto-flange thing it does when you hold down the doubletracker foot switch.

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Mattallica »

What's the toggle switch for on the Ophidia?

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by SimonHirst »

Decided to build a board to fit in the Pedaltrain hardcase I have. I thought I could build a slightly better design for what I prefer than the current PT1 I have.
Measured it all up today using 12mm board. 7mm seemed a bit flimsy. Just trying to source the required velcro for it. The second row of pedals will be elevated and on a slight angle so they're easily got to, and the power supply (Voodoo Labs PP2+) will sit under it. Power and patch cables will have holes to run up through. Also, thinking about making it slightly deeper because I have been wondering about running some pedals using a gigrig quartermaster loop switcher. Still unsure but figured I could at least leave myself the option of it. Always enjoy a small building project :thumbup:

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

SimonHirst wrote:Decided to build a board to fit in the Pedaltrain hardcase I have. I thought I could build a slightly better design for what I prefer than the current PT1 I have.
Measured it all up today using 12mm board. 7mm seemed a bit flimsy. Just trying to source the required velcro for it. The second row of pedals will be elevated and on a slight angle so they're easily got to, and the power supply (Voodoo Labs PP2+) will sit under it. Power and patch cables will have holes to run up through. Also, thinking about making it slightly deeper because I have been wondering about running some pedals using a gigrig quartermaster loop switcher. Still unsure but figured I could at least leave myself the option of it. Always enjoy a small building project :thumbup:
Looks like the thought process I went through before deciding to just buy something! (future update will happen). In the meantime I have a piece of velcro carpet stuff, (loop carpet?) from west coast pedalboards, it might suit your need for the velcro, I think it was 40cm by 70cm or somesuch.

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by SimonHirst »

HackSaw wrote: Looks like the thought process I went through before deciding to just buy something! (future update will happen). In the meantime I have a piece of velcro carpet stuff, (loop carpet?) from west coast pedalboards, it might suit your need for the velcro, I think it was 40cm by 70cm or somesuch.
Cheers man, I think I have some sorted but I might shoot you a pm if it falls through! Is yours self adhesive?
Yeah, I'm just going for something simple and pretty utilitarian for live use. I guess I'll still have the PT1 if it doesn't work as advertised in my head...

Darth Sabbathi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

Mattallica wrote:
What's the toggle switch for on the Ophidia?
On/off - it is battery only, so I can keep it plugged in (as long as I don't forget to switch it off!)