AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by AiRdAd »

Muff's aren't really spluttery. They're probably best described as a thicker sound fuzz. That looks like it's a copy of a musket. If it is, it's a very versatile fuzz. Jeremy is right, If you're not loving it, try it in conjunction with an overdrive.

Just a thought, does it use germanium or silicon transistors? Germanium are affected by heat. I know that when it gets very cold my one doesn't work properly - does excess heat make a difference too?
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

Yeah it does. They’re finicky as.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

And according to That Pedal Show, keep them away from a buffered pedal chain.
Tin arse!!

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

I don't think it's based on a musket. IIRC it's just a Russian Muff with extra clipping and filter options in those two toggle switches. No idea what type or transistors are used in the clipping though. I have two drive pedals in front of it, will give them a try!

As for a buffered pedal chain, I have no idea if all my pedals are true bypass to be honest.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

codedog wrote:I don't think it's based on a musket. IIRC it's just a Russian Muff with extra clipping and filter options in those two toggle switches. No idea what type or transistors are used in the clipping though. I have two drive pedals in front of it, will give them a try!

As for a buffered pedal chain, I have no idea if all my pedals are true bypass to be honest.
I don't know about the rest, but I am fairly sure your Digitech Hardwire is buffered.
Tin arse!!

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Terexgeek wrote:
codedog wrote:I don't think it's based on a musket. IIRC it's just a Russian Muff with extra clipping and filter options in those two toggle switches. No idea what type or transistors are used in the clipping though. I have two drive pedals in front of it, will give them a try!

I don't know about the rest, but I am fairly sure your Digitech Hardwire is buffered.
According to their website it is true bypass, but I assume it's only when the tails are switched off. I will compare it with/without the tails.

https://digitech.com/en/products/dl-8

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

codedog wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:

According to their website it is true bypass, but I assume it's only when the tails are switched off. I will compare it with/without the tails.

any pedal that is switched on and is infront of your fuzz will act as a buffer too.
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

AiRdAd wrote:
codedog wrote:
Terexgeek wrote: I don't know about the rest, but I am fairly sure your Digitech Hardwire is buffered.

any pedal that is switched on and is infront of your fuzz will act as a buffer too.
Indeed, but, until now, I have never turned on anything else in front of the fuzz. Based on your and JB's recommendation I will try pushing it with one of the OD pedals.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 227 times

Post by Delayman »

codedog wrote:
AiRdAd wrote:
codedog wrote:

Indeed, but, until now, I have never turned on anything else in front of the fuzz. Based on your and JB's recommendation I will try pushing it with one of the OD pedals.
ib:jb
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

codedog wrote:Finally got the Surf Rider III home after being delivered last Friday at the office, while I was at home nursing a migraine. Wired everything up tonight, just in time to have to leave it and cook dinner :(

I have to say that Rumble Drive is my new favourite OD for crunchy tone. Rumble into RDM is... FILTHY! Angry filthy!

Thewilltopowerrock
Vintage Pun Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by Thewilltopowerrock »

codedog wrote:
codedog wrote:Finally got the Surf Rider III home after being delivered last Friday at the office, while I was at home nursing a migraine. Wired everything up tonight, just in time to have to leave it and cook dinner :(

I have to say that Rumble Drive is my new favourite OD for crunchy tone. Rumble into RDM is... FILTHY! Angry filthy!
Had a hoon on the Surf Rider yet? I used to hanker after one, would be interesting to hear a first hand account rather than YouTube recordings.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Thewilltopowerrock wrote:
codedog wrote:

Had a hoon on the Surf Rider yet? I used to hanker after one, would be interesting to hear a first hand account rather than YouTube recordings.
My reaction to it here is very much like my reaction on the "... what's in the mail" thread. Damn you RJ Ronquillo and your fabulous demos! He made it sound fabulous even when all the knobs are at 12 o'clock. Me? I made it sound like arse, or average at best. I'll have to investigate more, spent most of my 30 mins tonight with the two dirt pedals.

EDIT: got it. I've got a nice warm and lush spring reverb sound now, that's where it will stay. Kick the boost on and there's a great dripping surf sound. Note to self, must learn more about surf stuff. I like the Plate reverb on the Polara, that's probably where it will stay.

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by chur »

Thanks to Molly for the PT Pro, I now have a pretty solid board. The switcher is a little glowy at night, so might have to add some bigger resistors to the blue LED's to calm them down, but they aren't like lasers in your eyes at least.

Spent an hour today chasing a horrible hum, ended up being the Wah, which due to me removing the rubber feet to aid with sticking the unit down, leaving only the bare screws on the base, has scratched through the PT black to the chassis, and was causing some weird ground loop with the power supply unit. Sorted now though with a bit of tape.

I had visions of the underneath wiring being a piece of art... yer that didn't happen. Dunno how people have the patience.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wYNnbXRThikUHnsb2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TwEUg4k5sszptgRL2

btw, I'm not left handed, but I find the Wah etc on the left so much more natural.
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

chur wrote:Thanks to Molly for the PT Pro, I now have a pretty solid board. The switcher is a little glowy at night, so might have to add some bigger resistors to the blue LED's to calm them down, but they aren't like lasers in your eyes at least.

Spent an hour today chasing a horrible hum, ended up being the Wah, which due to me removing the rubber feet to aid with sticking the unit down, leaving only the bare screws on the base, has scratched through the PT black to the chassis, and was causing some weird ground loop with the power supply unit. Sorted now though with a bit of tape.

I had visions of the underneath wiring being a piece of art... yer that didn't happen. Dunno how people have the patience.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wYNnbXRThikUHnsb2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TwEUg4k5sszptgRL2

btw, I'm not left handed, but I find the Wah etc on the left so much more natural.
Cool! I'd put the wah on the left too. I kick a ball with my left foot so maybe it's a left-footer thing.

:thumbup:

Upon closer inspection, is that basically fifty overdrives and a wah?

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by chur »

Molly wrote:
Cool! I'd put the wah on the left too. I kick a ball with my left foot so maybe it's a left-footer thing.

:thumbup:

Upon closer inspection, is that basically fifty overdrives and a wah?
Not quite, only 36% on this board have an OD or boost nature :wink:
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..