Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by Mattallica »

Current board iteration. Quite happy with the layout considering i don't have any rails to run under.

No particularly interesting pedals on here, but the Holystain adds enough excitement for me!
Attachments
MDC Pedalboard 14-09-2016.jpg

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Mattallica »

and some post-pre and pre-power pedals for good measure
Attachments
MDC Pedal Rack 14-09-2016.jpg

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 900 times

Post by Marshmallow »

Mattallica wrote:Current board iteration. Quite happy with the layout considering i don't have any rails to run under.

No particularly interesting pedals on here, but the Holystain adds enough excitement for me!
You ended up buying the ES-5? Good choice :)

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Mattallica »

Yeah mate! Bit spendy, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. It's faultless. I wish i had more midi stuff to control with it. Space wise i don't think the Joyo would have worked out anyhow.

I saw your wanted post, did you manage to get one?

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by SimonHirst »

Finally got the Source Audio programmable EQ setup. I've set it up so the electric I play for the majority of gigs (LP Special) is the core, flat sound. Then plugged in a couple of others I use for a few songs and matched up the outputs, and some subtle EQing so they sound great through the core sound too. Not the most exciting piece of kit, but very useful, especially with the 12 string which is quite a bit louder and a little too jangly, and is now matched up nicely. Bit of soldering of a couple new patch cables (Cheers Ryan) and we'll be away tonight.

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Marshmallow »

Mattallica wrote:
Yeah mate! Bit spendy, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. It's faultless. I wish i had more midi stuff to control with it. Space wise i don't think the Joyo would have worked out anyhow.

I saw your wanted post, did you manage to get one?
not yet! haha I will eventually, thinking of also ggetting the ES-5 if I can't get my hands on an ARC

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Marshmallow »

My new simple setup. Loopstation space is the chorus space when I get one.

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

In the middle of a bit of a pedal liquidation post Axe FX, but just don't have the heart to sell it all. Need something to run with my Holden, keep it old school. TBH I'm kinda emotionally attached to a lot of these pedals which is a bit of a surprise :D

Anyway... stripped down PT JR board, waiting to be wired up with power. Optional wah can go on the floor. (if you care, signal chain does into tuner, then pitchfork, then Damn and Blast, then back into the delay after the Fuzz, so standard order really)

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

sirvill wrote:In the middle of a bit of a pedal liquidation post Axe FX, but just don't have the heart to sell it all. Need something to run with my Holden, keep it old school. TBH I'm kinda emotionally attached to a lot of these pedals which is a bit of a surprise :D

Anyway... stripped down PT JR board, waiting to be wired up with power. Optional wah can go on the floor. (if you care, signal chain does into tuner, then pitchfork, then Damn and Blast, then back into the delay after the Fuzz, so standard order really)

Kinda missed not seeing this at the gearfest TBH. But what happened to the cool cat? And the envelope filter? :D
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sirvill »

Sold that envelope filter (the Digitech)... it really was an awful envelope filter. Picked up a Dr Green envelope filter for bass which is awesome, yet to try that for guitar actually

Cool Cat is on the shelf - still a great chorus but its so damn big, had to make a few sacrifices :( Don't think I'll ever sell that Cool Cat - I'm irrationally attached to that especially

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

sirvill wrote:Sold that envelope filter (the Digitech)... it really was an awful envelope filter. Picked up a Dr Green envelope filter for bass which is awesome, yet to try that for guitar actually

Cool Cat is on the shelf - still a great chorus but its so damn big, had to make a few sacrifices :( Don't think I'll ever sell that Cool Cat - I'm irrationally attached to that especially
I know, I just bought one because of hearing yours... :mrgreen:

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sirvill »

hamo wrote:

Hmmmm... well I hope it sounds similar. Mine is from when each effect had its own name - Cool Cat was for chorus (Fab Tone for distortion, etc).

I think your one is from the next generation, which were all called "Cool Cat". (which is just a terrible branding decision).

I think part of why the older CC Chorus sounds so good is cause its 18v - pain in the ass but its lush, I'll give it that.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

sirvill wrote:
hamo wrote:

Hmmmm... well I hope it sounds similar. Mine is from when each effect had its own name - Cool Cat was for chorus (Fab Tone for distortion, etc).

I think your one is from the next generation, which were all called "Cool Cat". (which is just a terrible branding decision).

I think part of why the older CC Chorus sounds so good is cause its 18v - pain in the ass but its lush, I'll give it that.
Yeah, I didn't figure on it being the same - and maybe not quite as big either - but I'm not fussy, especially at the price. 8)

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sirvill »

hamo wrote:
sirvill wrote:
hamo wrote:

Yeah, I didn't figure on it being the same - and maybe not quite as big either - but I'm not fussy, especially at the price. 8)
Half the size, half the volts... much more convenient.

And true bypass! Don't think mine is :D

Jake
Gibson
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 107 times

Post by Jake »

Here's the latest evolution of my pedalboard, after I got it all setup perfectly and took this photo I sadly had to strip it down and change it back as I had a gig and didn't have time to learn to use the new gear...

Anyway, I'm running a drum machine which is midi synced to the new looper and the delay, so that's exciting!
When I set it up again I'll post a nicer picture with it lit up like a Christmas tree.