Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by Mattallica »

On/off - it is battery only, so I can keep it plugged in (as long as I don't forget to switch it off!)
Sweet as thanks man!

sakuarius102
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by sakuarius102 »

SimonHirst wrote:Decided to build a board to fit in the Pedaltrain hardcase I have. I thought I could build a slightly better design for what I prefer than the current PT1 I have.
Measured it all up today using 12mm board. 7mm seemed a bit flimsy. Just trying to source the required velcro for it. The second row of pedals will be elevated and on a slight angle so they're easily got to, and the power supply (Voodoo Labs PP2+) will sit under it. Power and patch cables will have holes to run up through. Also, thinking about making it slightly deeper because I have been wondering about running some pedals using a gigrig quartermaster loop switcher. Still unsure but figured I could at least leave myself the option of it. Always enjoy a small building project :thumbup:
Awesome pedalboard my friend :clap: but I dont see a over drive, fuzz, or distorsion pedal. I play a my room with pluggins but I love the pedalboards and the sounds of these.

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by SimonHirst »

sakuarius102 wrote: Awesome pedalboard my friend :clap: but I dont see a over drive, fuzz, or distorsion pedal. I play a my room with pluggins but I love the pedalboards and the sounds of these.
Cheers :thumbup: first pedal on the bottom right is my overdrive pedal. I usually have just the one OD permanently on my board, and then occasionally will add another in when the urge hits!

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimonHirst »

Bit of progress on the pedalboard this morning. Cut up the parts on a friend's bench saw on the weekend, and finished up screw placement, some gluing, and sanding this morning. Finished by taking the second tier off and putting a coat of flat black on each. I made it slightly deeper lengthways than I'd planned because I think I'll end up putting a gigrig quartermaster 4 where the gap along the leading edge is :thumbup: but if not then I guess it's just a bit of extra room for moar....
Just waiting for the Evidence Audio cables to arrive so I can put it all together!

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Looks very cool - I'm a bit nervous about that hotcake being on there. :-) When I had it I was too scared to use it with my foot - I always used my finger! :-)
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 227 times

Post by Delayman »

AiRdAd wrote:Looks very cool - I'm a bit nervous about that hotcake being on there. :-) When I had it I was too scared to use it with my foot - I always used my finger! :-)
If it's that precious or fragile you could put it always on in a bypass loop, and switch it in and out that way. I have one that Keeley makes and it's tiny (EP booster size) which has an added advantage in that you can put the hotcake out of the way and it makes more room on front row.
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Delayman wrote:
AiRdAd wrote:Looks very cool - I'm a bit nervous about that hotcake being on there. :-) When I had it I was too scared to use it with my foot - I always used my finger! :-)
If it's that precious or fragile you could put it always on in a bypass loop, and switch it in and out that way. I have one that Keeley makes and it's tiny (EP booster size) which has an added advantage in that you can put the hotcake out of the way and it makes more room on front row.
thats a really good idea!
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 227 times

Post by Delayman »

AiRdAd wrote:
Delayman wrote:
thats a really good idea!
This is the kind of thing - discontinued, but there will be others making them https://robertkeeley.com/product/true-bypass-looper/
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimonHirst »

Cheers Danny, yeah I think it's going to work out quite well.. fingers crossed.
Haha, fair enough too! I actually sourced some exact replacements for the terrible plastic footswitches that it has just in case.
I haven't tried a HC in a loop but have heard it's generally not the best, I could try it easily enough if I get the quartermaster switcher though. :thumbup:

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimonHirst »

Quick update. Board is all painted, and put together. Evidence Audio cables arrived today, so I've now got everything I need except the adhesive velcro I ordered at the RS. Was going to go something a bit more heavy duty but thought I'd try the rockboard velcro first. Hopefully it works well. Not able to test the cables as I make them tonight unfortunately so I just made a few to get the gist of them. Really simple, and I'm very impressed with the build quality, and feel of the parts! Hopefully I can get some more done tomorrow.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

The Rockboard stuff is good, same as pedaltrain really :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

casemysta
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by casemysta »

y cant our images be over 2mb. Sigh...

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

casemysta wrote:y cant our images be over 2mb. Sigh...
Space issue - use something like Imgur, then link in the pic from there. Photobucket is a no go these days as they don't allow 3rd party site links anymore

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimonHirst »

All finished! Will post a proper full photo tomorrow but here is one of when I was mid power and patch cable running/making. Really pleased with how this has come out :thumbup:

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

null_pointer wrote:Photobucket is a no go these days as they don't allow 3rd party site links anymore
Fuckin idiots. What a giant arse inconvenience.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.