Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 375 times
Been liked: 130 times

NPD: Walrus Audio EB-10

Post by vintage52 »

EB10.PNG
EB10.PNG (728.75 KiB) Viewed 40000 times
Not quite a New pedal day as I've had it for a while now and have been coming to grips with it.

The company blurb:

A tone tweakers delight, the EB-10 works as a preamp, EQ and boost to meticulously craft your guitar's sound allowing for studio-grade electric guitar tone in a live setting.

I'm not sure about preamp (probably my lack of understanding how to use it) but it certainly works as an EQ and boost.

The controls are simple as.

Three knobs that cover Low, Mid and High Treble that go from 0 to 12.
Depending where the toggle switches are set, you get either boost (up position) or cut (down position).

There is a switch to engage 10db boost which, on a slightly overdriven amp, adds a little sizzle - not much - just a little.

Easy as to use - fits with my old head - and doesn't seem to add anything awful unless you want it to.

My signal path has been Guitar > EB-10 > MI Audio Tube Zone > Slate > Laney L5T.

My strat and tele get to sound more stratty and telely - the EB-10 adds or takes away so well.

I've also run Takamine TAN16C acoustic into EB-10 to ZT Acoustic lunchbox amp.
The EB-10 works so nicely here and while I do have an EQ on the guitar, being able to shape the acoustic signal and minimise the piezo quack is easily achieved.

It has taken a back seat recently with the introduction of the Neunaber Neuron but suffice to say, it's a great, easy to use EQ.
Wellington