Survey: PLEASE RE-VOTE How many effects pedals do you own?

Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Survey: How many effects pedals do you own?

None
7%
1-9
26%
10-19
26%
20-29
22%
30-99 (my GAS is serious)
13%
100 or more (seeking help...)
4%

Total votes: 68

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Re: Survey: PLEASE RE-VOTE How many effects pedals do you own?

Post by hamo »

kdawg2a wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:38 am
jeremyb wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:48 am
kdawg2a wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:08 am Be good to see you back in NZ Brian! If you came back, where would you live? We're looking at North Canterbury/ Rangiora.
This news keeps getting better and better!
We're gonna buy a house next to yours bro and devalue the neighborhood with pro Trump signs!

Just kidding, politicians are all rubbish. I'm posting my allegiance to the benevolent, intergalactic leader Krull. All hail Krull!
I love that movie!

Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

I went down to the crypt…it seems that in the darkness and neglect things have got out of hand. Effects have been breeding. I have over a hundred. 8)

My dearest, sweetheart. If you ever read this, please don’t think ill of me…I don’t think I, or we, have a problem, nor am I sick, or depraved, or unnatural…at least no more than when we first met :shifty: Please understand this horde (numbers are sooooo abstract, anyway) as an archive, a library of sonic tools, if you will, of electronic devices that singularly, or more often in combination (guitarists call this ‘stacking’), assist in the creation of an emotional perception lexicon of the mind from substantive sensorial loading…a personal interpretation of a dualism thought experiment :eh:

I realise that quantity is no substitute for clarity of purpose so I shall constrain the experiment variables in the future in step with the hypothesis of 'less equals more/absence and necessity being the parents of invention' :problem: I also realise I’m quite attached to my testicles. xxxooo. :thumbup:

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1316 times
Been liked: 875 times

Post by MikeC »

clubhouse wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:43 pm I went down to the crypt…it seems that in the darkness and neglect things have got out of hand. Effects have been breeding. I have over a hundred. 8)

My dearest, sweetheart. If you ever read this, please don’t think ill of me.....I also realise I’m quite attached to my testicles. xxxooo. :thumbup:
Oh you poor, sweet man. We are all here for you and I urge you to contact this support group https://hoarders.com/support-groups-help-for-families/
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

MikeC wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:09 pm
clubhouse wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:43 pm I went down to the crypt…it seems that in the darkness and neglect things have got out of hand. Effects have been breeding. I have over a hundred. 8)

My dearest, sweetheart. If you ever read this, please don’t think ill of me.....I also realise I’m quite attached to my testicles. xxxooo. :thumbup:
Oh you poor, sweet man. We are all here for you and I urge you to contact this support group https://hoarders.com/support-groups-help-for-families/
:shh: :winky:

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

Here's my old effects rig that I used to rock in the early 90s. I know they're not pedals and are largely multi-effects so I haven't counted them in my official 'effects pedals' count up :) Just thought they might be of some interest, maybe... :oops:

I guess the context being that all the big hair dudes in the guitar mags of the day had refrigerator racks full of midi controlled, digital multi effects, mixer units, pre-amp heads, massive stereo power amps and speaker attenuators. Pedals were thought of as noisey, fragile and low-fi shit. I liked 'em for that...just were damned difficult to find the cool ones, so I resorted to buying the off-casts from studios and cats who were off down the rabbit-hole of rack world.

Top to Bttm. Yamaha SPX 90, Orban 111B dual spring reverb tank unit, Ibanez AD220 analogue delay.jpg
Top to Bttm. Yamaha SPX 90, Orban 111B dual spring reverb tank unit, Ibanez AD220 analogue delay.jpg (5.41 MiB) Viewed 21237 times

Top to Bottom. UE405 (stereo) UE400 (v2.stereo) UE400 (v1.mono).jpg
Top to Bottom. UE405 (stereo) UE400 (v2.stereo) UE400 (v1.mono).jpg (4.66 MiB) Viewed 21237 times

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2491 times

Post by Slowy »

This thread confirms I have too many pedals.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by clubhouse »

There are some outstanding pedal hordes/hoards in this forum! Well done everyone. Pedal diversity and inclusion is well alive and embraced without prejudice or judgement. Pedal love...and pedal meh and pedal abstinence for that matter, seem to be well tolerated and celebrated...what a bunch of GCs, eh 8) :angel: ...and what a beautiful world it could be :thumbup:

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: Survey: How many effects pedals do you own?

Post by clubhouse »

Darth Sabbathi wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:15 am
I kind of think my collecting days are done, but I won't lie, there are a lot of pedals in this pic that I wish I still had...The Park fuzz and the Jerms MKI would be top of the list. :crybaby:
Caught by the Fuzz.png
Caught by the Fuzz.png (288.39 KiB) Viewed 21180 times
Dude...dude...duuuude! That is a fucking sexy photo, man! I super dig your jam! Great focus, taste and vibe 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) maximum cool! Bangin' brother :thumbup:

Darth Sabbathi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 374 times

Re: Survey: How many effects pedals do you own?

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

clubhouse wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:21 pm Dude...dude...duuuude! That is a fucking sexy photo, man! I super dig your jam! Great focus, taste and vibe 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) maximum cool! Bangin' brother :thumbup:
Haha, love that album. Yeah, I got caught pretty bad... I certainly feel I know my way around a tone bender now!