jubbathehog
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: NAD: Mesa Boogie Electra Dyne Head

Post by jubbathehog »

robthemac wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:05 pm How do the channels work, again? Are the knob settings shared between the two channels? And reverb is only on the clean?
You can switch the reverb to be on only the clean channel, or on all channels, or out of the circuit all together.
There is also a separate volume control for the clean channel on the back so you can balance it with the drive channel. Also a rather confusing gain trim switch, which reduces the gain on either one of the channels. It’s so you can have a super clean sound with no break up on the clean channel, and more gain available on the drive channels, or an edge of break up on the the clean and less gainy drive. Makes it quite versatile. Also the eq controls have ganged pots which have been set to best suit each Channel to try and make it easier and more natural to switch channels. It seems to work pretty well, but you don’t have independent control over the eq for each Channel. I think wanted to make it as easy to use as possible, but I reckon a separate volume control for each channel would have been better.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1108 times
Been liked: 1424 times

Post by robthemac »

jubbathehog wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:19 am
robthemac wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:05 pm How do the channels work, again? Are the knob settings shared between the two channels? And reverb is only on the clean?
You can switch the reverb to be on only the clean channel, or on all channels, or out of the circuit all together.
There is also a separate volume control for the clean channel on the back so you can balance it with the drive channel. Also a rather confusing gain trim switch, which reduces the gain on either one of the channels. It’s so you can have a super clean sound with no break up on the clean channel, and more gain available on the drive channels, or an edge of break up on the the clean and less gainy drive. Makes it quite versatile. Also the eq controls have ganged pots which have been set to best suit each Channel to try and make it easier and more natural to switch channels. It seems to work pretty well, but you don’t have independent control over the eq for each Channel. I think wanted to make it as easy to use as possible, but I reckon a separate volume control for each channel would have been better.
A nice simple Mesa Boogie layout.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1210 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

I sold mine and bought a Royal Atlantic, which had separate EQ controls and a built-in attenuator. It was massive and really well built . I miss it now.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

jubbathehog
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by jubbathehog »

Yeah, it looks as the the royal Atlantic is a more tweakable amp. Pretty impressed with the sounds out of the electradyne so far.