jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7644 times
Been liked: 4148 times

Re: Show us your whole setup....

Post by jeremyb »

Oooh nice!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

higainer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by higainer »

codedog wrote:Have had this for a bit over a week now. I guess I just like something utilitarian with few bells and whistles. I liked the IRT-Studio, but I needed a combo...

One day I'd like a guitar+lead+amp setup but that's a luxury I can't afford just yet.
Bad Cat Siamese drive caught my eye.
What do you think of it?
Are you boosting the amp with it or as stand alone drive?

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 97 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Codedog. is that a Mooer fuzz? If so, you liking it? I had listened to a bunch of demos of different fuzzes and for some reason I am liking the mooer Grey Faze and Mooer Triangle Buff. A few others i like such as Wampler Velvet Fuzz and Lovepedal Bonetender, but not any more than the Mooer ones. I am wondering if it is just a case of the demo making them sound good (pymeaxe)

Does the combo have the same DI feature as the studio? Still liking mine for its medium gain lead tones, although a M style crunch is not really there, nor a big F style clean. Damn good for the money though.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3470 times
Been liked: 1082 times

Post by codedog »

higainer wrote: Bad Cat Siamese drive caught my eye.
What do you think of it?
Are you boosting the amp with it or as stand alone drive?
I use it with the clean channel to first add moderate crunch, then volume boost. It's nice, but somehow it's not quite behaving the same way it did with my IRT-Studio... not sure what's different between the studio. The clean is not staying clean to the same level, I wonder if the speaker is the point of difference.
Aquila Rossa wrote: Codedog. is that a Mooer fuzz? If so, you liking it? I had listened to a bunch of demos of different fuzzes and for some reason I am liking the mooer Grey Faze and Mooer Triangle Buff. A few others i like such as Wampler Velvet Fuzz and Lovepedal Bonetender, but not any more than the Mooer ones. I am wondering if it is just a case of the demo making them sound good (pymeaxe)

Does the combo have the same DI feature as the studio? Still liking mine for its medium gain lead tones, although a M style crunch is not really there, nor a big F style clean. Damn good for the money though.
Yes, it has DI, with a single input and attenuator pot... vs the Studio's two inputs. The little niggle I have is what I mentioned above. Otherwise 'tis all the same goodness! Oh... minus the re-amp via USB thingywhatsit. Oh... also... going from memory the reverb sounds more springy than the hall-like one in the Studio, just going from memory.

Yes, that's the Mooer Triangle Buff. I simply love it! I run it with dirt around 9 o'clock, and tone between 12 and 3. It's a rather dark pedal but, at the dirt level I run, it's pure velvety goodness and just lovely. I imagine it's a cheaper option than the others you have listed above? Got mine from Fleabay for very reasonable price. For anything less orderly I use the fuzz next to it, a Big Muff clone with extra switches. I'd like to try a Silicon Fuzz Face Mini one day... if any of you good folks has one to sell perhaps?

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Aliexpress have the Mooer stuff for about $70 NZD including shipping. Other options I listed are different kinds of fuzz. I like a few different old types, but not so keen on the new styles of mega fuzz. Thinking of buying a couple of Mooer fuzzes, their phase 90 rip off, plus the reecho. Not sure yet. If I like them it's all good, if not I do not lose much money. Unlike that eleven rack I bought. Still not sold and lost $150 on it already because prices have dropped so much lately. Seems to be lots of them for sale.

I want to replace my MXR script logo Phase 90. But although it sounded so damn nice, it was a pin in the ass not having LED or 9v DC. I wanna Sabbra Cadabra too because I like that sound. Sabbath is awesome. A less full on Marshall style pedal than the Riot would be good, especially stacked with a DOD 250. A wah. Can;t go wrong with a CB mini I guess. Catalinbread are about to release the Belle Epoch deluxe. Demos so far are awesome. Will be pricey. I am not so fussy on what delays goes post or in the FX loop, but for running a delay into a dirty amp I want something special.

I am still using USB to DAW for my Laney. Sounds good enough. I would like a Torpedo Captor, but it is low priority.
Last edited by Aquila Rossa on Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

You should buy that DOD Carcosa thats for sale on here, bloody brilliant fuzzes!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

jeremyb wrote:You should buy that DOD Carcosa thats for sale on here, bloody brilliant fuzzes!
Had a second look at it right now. Was not into the punky PGS demo, but found another demo where the pedal makes sounds I like more. Hali mode.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3470 times
Been liked: 1082 times

Post by codedog »

jeremyb wrote:You should buy that DOD Carcosa thats for sale on here, bloody brilliant fuzzes!
There's one on the forum? Can't remember seeing it, and still can't find it...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

codedog wrote:
There's one on the forum? Can't remember seeing it, and still can't find it...
Person selling it appears to have sold his helix, and is keeping the Carcosa due to them being "bloody brilliant"! They are only $99 at PGS, with 15% of if you use coupon code JULY4.

I highly doubt you'd regret the purchase!

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

codedog wrote:Have had this for a bit over a week now. I guess I just like something utilitarian with few bells and whistles. I liked the IRT-Studio, but I needed a combo...

One day I'd like a guitar+lead+amp setup but that's a luxury I can't afford just yet.
One thing I really like about my Laney is it is really low noise. Less than any amp i have ever had. Even the JMP-1 Preamp and Dual Monoblock was not this quiet. Don't even get hum from single coils. It is quite a modern sounding amp, so not so good at classic crunchy sounds. but it does have good note definition when playing overdriven chords. Got some really nice harmonic overtones in the sustain out of it today using a 808 into the Riot. Not always easy to get an amp to do that. Satisfaction when they do :)

Seymour Duncan Whole Lotta Humbucker pups are just magic. They are quiet too. I am surprised they are not more popular because they have blown me away. Quiet gat and quiet amp is allowing pedal settings that i would usually avoid due to too much hum etc.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3459 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Trying out imgur after being jilted by spambucket... my toys as at 7/2017, less a bunch of pedals that didn't make the board :)

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Nice! What's the Marshally looking amp?
Loving it so far

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

+1 - what's the amps?
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3459 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Thanks bros. :)
Marshally looking one is a Trinity 'Plexi v6' kit I built in DIY cabs. Basically 18w TMB with switchable 6V6/EL84 OP tubes, Variable B+ regulation (Power scaling) with a Scumback H75. Vox is a AC15C1X - Alnico Blue.