Mr Davison
Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 138 times

Re: Show us your whole setup....

Post by Mr Davison »

Darth Sabbathi wrote:
Mr Davison wrote: The only piece of gear that isn't used live is my 5 watt Randall head.
Epic! So do you mean the Marshall, the Mesa, the Bogner and the Splawn all have different live applications, or do you use them all at the same time? The former is probably the sensible answer, but the latter would be utterly legendary! :mental:
Well with the George Lynch tripler pedal I used to have it was possible to hook up 3 simultaneously which sounded quite apocalyptic but quite noisy as it didn't have ground lift, phase reversal or any other good stuff a decent aby has. 3 amps roaring to the same tune tho. Although the tripler never made it to a stage it did set me on the path of using a stereo setup at gigs which I have done for the last few years now.

I quite often mix & match amp combinations from show to show but on a bigger stage the Bogner Uberschall & 2 channel triple rec are a dominant duo. Most commonly I use an aggressive voicing paired up with a heavy crunch tone & that really delivers the goods for me. Have found in the past not all amps blend that well with each other but with my current lineup they all play together very well. As the only gat in the band it's really cool to play an intro with one amp then bring in the other with the rest of the band & cutting from one to the other here & there to try & duplicate some positives of a twin guitar attack.
The JMP 2204 with the Splawn Competition is also quite epic.

I find two amps roaring simultaneously truly inspiring as a player.
Sonic mayhem unleashed

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Mr Davison wrote:... the Splawn Competition is also quite epic.
Yes. Yes it is. :thumbup:

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 737 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Epic gear room.

Spykerwolf
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Spykerwolf »

Amazing room dude, I'm so jealous

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

So I lined up to buy a Friedman Runt but got cold feet and glad I did
what it would have cost me just for the head I have managed to get my tube rig how I always wanted
The Friedman OD is fantastic and fills that void that a $2600 head would have
:)
:mental:

faceless
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by faceless »

Awesome set up you got here!
Last edited by faceless on Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Thanks to Thomas (Marshmallow) I've a new addition today so this is pretty much everything.

AVRI '64 Tele. PRS SC245. CS '60 Strat. R6
Jet City somethin' or other. Fender Excelsior. Two Rock Studio Pro 22. Mesa RA-100. Dr.Z 'Z-Best' ported 212.

On the look out for another Nocaster. Selling my Tele and AVRI Strat (not shown) to fund it but then I'm done! ;-) Mesa or or vintage-style Marshall 4x12 might be cool though. Confined to the garage for now but plans afoot...

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

Just to play opposites to Molly above - here is my whole digital setup!

I decided the studio desk I built, as cool as it was, was taking up way too much room. So that is off to a good home (Oleg) and I have downsized, with some additions. Picked up some sweet stands & some Focal Alphas to go on them, and after trying a Helix for a while decided to buy. So the valveless side of the room looks like this...

(I need to find a way to tidy up the damned cables!)

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

HackSaw wrote:Just to play opposites to Molly above - here is my whole digital setup!

I decided the studio desk I built, as cool as it was, was taking up way too much room. So that is off to a good home (Oleg) and I have downsized, with some additions. Picked up some sweet stands & some Focal Alphas to go on them, and after trying a Helix for a while decided to buy. So the valveless side of the room looks like this...

Dude! I've got the same wicker drawer unit in the spare room. Farmers? Besides that, the only thing I recognise in that pic is the SG. LOL. I wonder if I avoid technology because I spend all week teaching it.

Looks very Star Trek though. Impressive. :thumbup:

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

HackSaw wrote:Just to play opposites to Molly above - here is my whole digital setup!

Valveless side? What does the valveful side look like? By the way, is that a Cab Clone I spy on the set of drawers behind the SG?

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by HackSaw »

The Valved side of the room is currently "The Messy Side", otherwise known as today's job! And yeah that is a cab clone, sitting atop what Molly rightly recognised as a Farmers wicker bedside. (Hand relic model, for extra mojo...)

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

HackSaw wrote:The Valved side of the room is currently "The Messy Side", otherwise known as today's job! And yeah that is a cab clone, sitting atop what Molly rightly recognised as a Farmers wicker bedside. (Hand relic model, for extra mojo...)
How are you finding the Cab Clone? It has quite mixed reviews out there. I may end up with one later this week.

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by HackSaw »

codedog wrote:
HackSaw wrote:The Valved side of the room is currently "The Messy Side", otherwise known as today's job! And yeah that is a cab clone, sitting atop what Molly rightly recognised as a Farmers wicker bedside. (Hand relic model, for extra mojo...)
How are you finding the Cab Clone? It has quite mixed reviews out there. I may end up with one later this week.
It is great for what it does I reckon. Yes there are mixed reviews, but most of the really bad reviews have come from guys who get to play whatever amp they want at whatever volume they want any time they want. I don't have that luxury so getting to play through my favourite fuzz into real valves and being able to use headphones is real treat. And to me, overall it sounds pretty good actually. If you're looking at the one on FB for $150, well I paid twice that and I am really happy with it!

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

HackSaw wrote:
codedog wrote:
It is great for what it does I reckon. Yes there are mixed reviews, but most of the really bad reviews have come from guys who get to play whatever amp they want at whatever volume they want any time they want. I don't have that luxury so getting to play through my favourite fuzz into real valves and being able to use headphones is real treat. And to me, overall it sounds pretty good actually. If you're looking at the one on FB for $150, well I paid twice that and I am really happy with it!
Yup, I went all Molly on that one and should have it this Wednesday.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

The humble beginnings of my studio, got it on a desk in my wardrobe since I have hardly any clothes and it makes sense to keep it outta reach of kids (not mine, mine are great, but some of their relatives....)

Macbook Pro running Ableton Live 9, M-Audio 2x2M going into my Stagesource L2T for monitoring, and my cheap AT headphones, Akai MPK Mini Mk2 and Midimix for twiddling and stuff...

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.