Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 245 times

Re: NZ Music Month: Last Week Project

Post by Capt. Black »

dayl wrote:Are the recent backing tracks here? My home made one sounds like blink 182 :oops: :lol:

... and what time is this part of gearfest kicking off? 2ish? later?

12-ish

mahtone
Squier

Post by mahtone »

I'll probably be along about 2. I have a rehearsal for a couple of hours at 11, and I'll come along after. Saves me packing up my gear just for the gearfest!
MrSooty wrote: Yes, I have lost much saliva over that one. I can't bring myself to try it though, it'll either ruin the illusion for me or make me want to sell my children.

mahtone
Squier

Post by mahtone »

BG wrote:I can put down a chug-a-chug ryhthm part, but the chorus will be Greg's as I didn't realise there was any difference :eek:
Hahaha can't you count bars BG?? I guess you run out at 12 right? :D

Ok how about this: I've got time on saturday to lay it down, but lack recording gear as mentioned. BG: if it's ok with you, how about I come to your place and record there. Then maybe we could muck about with some synth afterwards?
MrSooty wrote: Yes, I have lost much saliva over that one. I can't bring myself to try it though, it'll either ruin the illusion for me or make me want to sell my children.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

mahtone wrote:
BG wrote:I can put down a chug-a-chug ryhthm part, but the chorus will be Greg's as I didn't realise there was any difference :eek:
Hahaha can't you count bars BG?? I guess you run out at 12 right? :D

Ok how about this: I've got time on saturday to lay it down, but lack recording gear as mentioned. BG: if it's ok with you, how about I come to your place and record there. Then maybe we could muck about with some synth afterwards?
I didn't look at your lovingly written tab, I just picked it out by ear :lol:

damn, normally ok but I've been told I'm spending saturday under the bathroom digging out shit from a leak we had a few months ago.... nothing wrong with a few flies I say ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

mahtone
Squier

Post by mahtone »

Awwwww

I spend time to write it down and it just gets ignored?

This is totally like a Britney record!

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

mahtone wrote:Awwwww

I spend time to write it down and it just gets ignored?

This is totally like a Britney record!
it was all the #5ths with added 16's that threw me, it was quicker just to listen and think, oh yeah f powerchord.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 855 times
Been liked: 274 times

Post by calling card »

All very ominously quiet here... gears of the machinery whirring frantic or is it tumble weeds?

Someone once said "if ya want to get something done fast give it to a very busy person." :)
2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Hopefully whirring machinery of rock.

Essentially we're waiting for a complete rhythm guitar track to build on from any one of three likely contributors.

I don't want to rush anyone as that seems to get us nowhere, but it would be good to have something soon.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

ash wrote:Hopefully whirring machinery of rock.

:mrgreen:
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Anyone with recording facilities want to assist Mahtone with recording the rhythm guitar track on Saturday?
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I'll do a background rhythm track tonight, then its just a case of the 'lead' rhythm part going onto it, and the bass, and the vocals, and the solos, and the random noises, by sunday...

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

I'll have my GT6 back from AYP tonight, if there's a backing available I can hit something up in the morning :D
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

slash-ed wrote:I'll have my GT6 back from AYP tonight, if there's a backing available I can hit something up in the morning :D
or you could do the backing :) I didn't get chance last night, I was cream crackered.

Fler
Squier
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Fler »

We really don't need to know about your sex life, BG...
(((Òran Mór

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I haven't been to mermaids in months???