...and stuff

Moderator: Capt. Black

mahtone
Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: NZ Music Month: Last Week Project

Post by mahtone »

I'm nothing if not progressive....
MrSooty wrote: Yes, I have lost much saliva over that one. I can't bring myself to try it though, it'll either ruin the illusion for me or make me want to sell my children.

mahtone
Squier

Post by mahtone »

Update: Greg and I have written the chords.

Greg'll lay them down over the next day or so, hopefully, but as a tease it's in F major, with D minor some of the time, and a mystery* modal change somewhere in the chorus.

It's actually come out sounding a bit more minor than the 'upbeat rock' brief, but I think it can be made to feel major with good choices in the bass and melody, so that's the main thing.

* Not a mystery to me - see if anyone spots it...hopefully won't stuff anyone's work.

Will publish the changes tomorrow morning so people can get an idea on where it's at.
MrSooty wrote: Yes, I have lost much saliva over that one. I can't bring myself to try it though, it'll either ruin the illusion for me or make me want to sell my children.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

sounds cool, but Greg, get them down tomorrow mate! Theres only 4 days left tomorrow! for bass/vox/backing guitars and synth stuff. Ash, crack that whip!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

denden
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 1 time

Post by denden »

ash wrote: My main reason for piking on bass duties is that my computer can't even play an mp3 without slowing down, nevermind record multi-track stylez.
I have a grunty recording rig at our practice room a few clicks away from your workshop. It'll cost ya a beer or two on sunday but if you wanna track bass we can lay that shiz down there?

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Yeah!!

http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

mahtone
Squier

Post by mahtone »

I.....don't geddit?

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

he's cracking the whip....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

mahtone
Squier

Post by mahtone »

If he wasn't so terribly useful around here (plus the author of this post) I'd be pressing for a banning for that one.....

god himself
Ashton
Ashton

Post by god himself »

ash wrote:Yeah!!

hahaha thats awesome.

Also happy to help out any way I can!
http://www.myspace.com/grimacemaster Tell me what you think!

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Can you sing, John?
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

god himself
Ashton
Ashton

Post by god himself »

ash wrote:Can you sing, John?
Not a note
http://www.myspace.com/grimacemaster Tell me what you think!

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 857 times
Been liked: 276 times

Post by calling card »

Have you got a name for this song?, I was thinking "Lying Brian"
2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus

Greg
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Greg »

Will try get it down today :) Due to forseen circumstances - a different whip being cracked - we only managed to steal just under two hours to for it so theres still a fair bit of work to be done.

BG - would you like some dry guitar signal, since I guess you'll have POD Farm to do what you will with tones?

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Greg wrote:Will try get it down today :) Due to forseen circumstances - a different whip being cracked - we only managed to steal just under two hours to for it so theres still a fair bit of work to be done.

BG - would you like some dry guitar signal, since I guess you'll have POD Farm to do what you will with tones?
Yeah give me both wet and dry on different tracks that'll be cool :)

Greg
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Greg »

Ah and richard, I haven't been able to remember how you managed to get that modal change to work - if you send me a tab or some more info I might be able to work it in... but at the moment I've rewritten around it by going to Dm instead and I think it might save some melody-writers headache, it also makes the whole thing a little more upbeat :lol:

The way you had it was quite cool though :(

From the middle of the chorus what I have now is
C |C |Dm|Dm|Bb|C |Dm|Bb C|

And in the bridge I don't think the A works - using the same inversion of Bb does which I'm pretty sure is what you were playing.