Moderator: Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: NZ Music Month: Last Week Project

Post by Bg »

I laid down the rhythm gats and a bass line last night as a test, it should sound pretty good when its done, lets not lose sight off it peeps! Can anyone else step up and get this stuff done before? Its going to be really tight.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

mahtone
Squier

Post by mahtone »

BG wrote:I laid down the rhythm gats and a bass line last night as a test, it should sound pretty good when its done, lets not lose sight off it peeps! Can anyone else step up and get this stuff done before? Its going to be really tight.
I'm keen to hear that...can you post it? Did you use my bass suggestions? And if so did it sound awful?

I wrote that suggestion from my desk at work, so it's based solely on academic ideas and theory knowledge - no chance to test it with my ears!
MrSooty wrote: Yes, I have lost much saliva over that one. I can't bring myself to try it though, it'll either ruin the illusion for me or make me want to sell my children.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I only recorded the first verse/bridge.... no I used my own bassline, I only have one and it gets used on all possible occasions ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Fler
Squier
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Fler »

I'll bring a video camera on Sunday, Adrian. Don't mind singing either if needed.
(((Òran Mór

crushing day
The Mystical Potato Head

Post by crushing day »

yep, solos as late as possible in the piece .. BG/Ash, can you send me a mix of what there is to go on so far?
what we've got here is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

crushing day wrote:yep, solos as late as possible in the piece .. BG/Ash, can you send me a mix of what there is to go on so far?
I'm keen to jump in on that too if you prefer a dual guitar attack 8)
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

god himself
Ashton
Ashton

Post by god himself »

If you want a full on drum track I could work something out and play it on the sunday morning?
http://www.myspace.com/grimacemaster Tell me what you think!

Greg
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Greg »

Unfortunately I'm not going to have time until saturday to do any more on this. I don't mind if that means my playing is not in the final version.

It would be good if someone else could have a crack at arranging the chorus on Richards chords, I can't seem to make it work inspite of seeing him do it :|

And would be keen to hear how your version sounds so far BG 8)

mahtone
Squier

Post by mahtone »

Ok, so BG can you lay down a cut of the rhythm based on something like the advertised changes?

I'd still be really keen to collaborate on the keys/synth if that makes you feel a little less one-man-band-like.

Especially since you might have to sing at this rate! :lol:
MrSooty wrote: Yes, I have lost much saliva over that one. I can't bring myself to try it though, it'll either ruin the illusion for me or make me want to sell my children.

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Fler wrote:I'll bring a video camera on Sunday, Adrian. Don't mind singing either if needed.

Ace. How's that flute coming along ;)
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

mahtone wrote:Ok, so BG can you lay down a cut of the rhythm based on something like the advertised changes?

I'd still be really keen to collaborate on the keys/synth if that makes you feel a little less one-man-band-like.

Especially since you might have to sing at this rate! :lol:
This must be what it's like to work on a Britney Spears record.... A bunch of proper musicians coming up with all the ideas, writing parts, recording demos... then the pretty one walks in, records it in one take and gets all the glory. :lol:

Except something's just not right about that theory... :? :mrgreen:
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

yeah... the proper musicians bit?

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I can put down a chug-a-chug ryhthm part, but the chorus will be Greg's as I didn't realise there was any difference :eek:

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 384 times

Post by dayl »

Are the recent backing tracks here? My home made one sounds like blink 182 :oops: :lol:

... and what time is this part of gearfest kicking off? 2ish? later?

Fler
Squier
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Fler »

ash wrote:
Fler wrote:I'll bring a video camera on Sunday, Adrian. Don't mind singing either if needed.

Ace. How's that flute coming along ;)
Unfortunately not so well, I managed to lose a screw in the mechanism a couple of months ago and havent managed to find one to replace it yet. Pity, I miss playing it, so much fun.
(((Òran Mór