meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Re: NZ Music Month: Last Week Project

Post by Bg »

ash wrote:
mahtone wrote:
ash wrote:Yeah, who's on bass?
Well I heard a rumour you're a dirty ass mutha...
With no talent or recording facilities...
plenty of talent and all you need is http://www.reaper.fm/ and you can borrow my Pod X3 if you want, just bang the bass straight in and record it clean, I'll hit it up with some plugins in the mix down ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Greg
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Greg »

You have pm mahtone.

Upbeat rock really isn't my usual so this should be fun :mrgreen: Will have to try channel the ACDC

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 845 times
Been liked: 359 times

Post by jimi »

mahtone wrote:
ash wrote:Yeah, who's on bass?
Well I heard a rumour you're a dirty ass mutha...

I can do some bass if ASH isn't keen.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 251 times

Post by Capt. Black »

This is such a cool idea. Can't wait to hear the result. We'll give the song it's debut airing at Gearfest eh?

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

yeah so Sundays the deadline!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

mahtone
Squier

Post by mahtone »

I was just thinking about this...

I've been spending a bit of time lately exploring and thinking about relationships between bass notes, chords etc, voicing arrangement etc and I would really like to have a crack at laying down bass. Given that I'm not a bassist as such and don't actually own a bass, this may be an obstacle...

I have also been seriously considering getting some kind of synth/DAW/midi keyboard thing at home as something to help me push my keys playing out a bit from just piano. I'd like to have a go at synth - BG feel like collaborating?

If there are no takers for Bass, BG you have a recordable bass setup right? And/or do you feel like collaborating on the synth? I have days in lieu that I'm taking this week, possibly tomorrow, and definitely thurs/fri. If you're interested, I'd be able to pop round during the day for a few hours...? You still work from home right? Would that be cool? Just thought I'd throw it out there...

In return I'll bring round my shiny new Ash Coden C5 and give you some time with it so you don't have to fight for it on sunday.... :mrgreen:
MrSooty wrote: Yes, I have lost much saliva over that one. I can't bring myself to try it though, it'll either ruin the illusion for me or make me want to sell my children.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

sadly no, I have to work for a living now, stuck in an office till 6:30pm every night :(

mahtone
Squier

Post by mahtone »

BG wrote:sadly no, I have to work for a living now, stuck in an office till 6:30pm every night :(
Awww too bad...

But if no takers, what about sat afternoon?
MrSooty wrote: Yes, I have lost much saliva over that one. I can't bring myself to try it though, it'll either ruin the illusion for me or make me want to sell my children.

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

My bass is available if you want to use it, Richard.

how about you compose a guide bassline when you're working with Greg. Then you, jimi and whoever else can battle over the recorded performance.

My main reason for piking on bass duties is that my computer can't even play an mp3 without slowing down, nevermind record multi-track stylez. It used to be able to, but is too bogged down with five years of accumulated shit.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

ash wrote:how about you compose a guide bassline when you're working with Greg. Then you, jimi and whoever else can battle over the recorded performance.
That sounds like a plan :) I have a couple of really nice headless hohners if you get stuck :lol:

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

And another thing!

Anyone here with a camera and mad video editing skillz?

At Gearfest I'd like to see someone capturing stills and video of the song being jammed. Then some talented volunteer can stitch together a simple youtube clip to put the recorded track over. Nothing too flash or dramatic. I'm thinking a fast-cut mix of still frames and motion and flashes of '80s New Order colour.... like someone's child attacked it with crayons.

Ok, I'll take the beret off now. :mrgreen:
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

mahtone
Squier

Post by mahtone »

BG wrote:
ash wrote:how about you compose a guide bassline when you're working with Greg. Then you, jimi and whoever else can battle over the recorded performance.
That sounds like a plan :) I have a couple of really nice headless hohners if you get stuck :lol:
Haha those hohners might get stuck somewhere...ooer!

Ok that sounds like a decent plan. Will work out some stuff this evening and report back!

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

mahtone wrote:Haha those hohners might get stuck somewhere...ooer!
No Pain, No gain ;)

mahtone
Squier

Post by mahtone »

Hey Ed - you got any favourite scales for your widdly bits?

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

mahtone wrote:Hey Ed - you got any favourite scales for your widdly bits?
:? you guys weigh your widdly bits? I've been out of the singles scene for far too long... :|
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass