Scooter13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 69 times

Ez drummer and writing

Post by Scooter13 »

One of the ways I like to convey song and riff ideas to the band is to write and record a track at home and send them that.
I use ez drummer to put basic rhythms on and let the drummer come up with whatever he feels fits.
Sometimes though I want the drums to do something in particular in relation to a riff, but being a non drummer I have a hard time writing and conveying this.
I've edited EZ drummer tracks before, but usually it's a case of adding another kick or something, really simple, and even then it's a really time consuming process.
Does anyone have any good links to tutorials on this stuff, or ideas on how to write or convey song/drum ideas for a drum dummy?
How do you guys do it?
Or is a case of keep it simple, then work on the finer ideas during rehearsal?

mickeyj4j
Stagg
Stagg

Re: Ez drummer and writing

Post by mickeyj4j »

Well if your into recording stuff, if you don't already, get a midi keyboard to aid in creating editing tracks. Also you mau want to look at something like this
Here is one on TM. Ashton EDP420 Electronic Drumkit
I have always wanted one to aid in my home recording. But since my macbook pro was stolen, a week before Christmas 2015, I have not done much, still not replaced it, will one day.

mickeyj4j
Stagg
Stagg

Post by mickeyj4j »

What did you do.

Scooter13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Scooter13 »

Watched Paul Weiner do a YouTube tutorial. Figured it out enough to edit stuff. Think I've just gotta have some patience in finding the grooves that sound right! Haha