Am I insane?

...and stuff

Moderator: Capt. Black

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by Tsuken »

Basket Case wrote:
Rog wrote:Guitarists are never in the corner!! Closet maybe... ;)
Of course! Closets make great isolation chambers for mic-ing up guitar cabs! :lol: Which reminds me, haven't seen Optimus in these parts for a while.
Watch it mate. I'm sure Gelato's patented the "isodrobe" ;)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

Tsuken wrote:
Basket Case wrote:
Rog wrote:Guitarists are never in the corner!! Closet maybe... ;)
Of course! Closets make great isolation chambers for mic-ing up guitar cabs! :lol: Which reminds me, haven't seen Optimus in these parts for a while.
Watch it mate. I'm sure Gelato's patented the "isodrobe" ;)
:shock: That was my secret weapon! Now everyone will want one... Damn those meddling kids :P
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

denden
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Am I insane?

Post by denden »

*UNIQUE* wrote: *crying* "Mummy, I don't understand what these men are saying to me...boo hooo"....

I have dudes I play with (musically) who are into all this...and the way they play, and how we work together makes no sense...i.e, I can "feel" the passage, and they must dissect it...in most cases, and I know I am ybringing Tsuken's rediclure on me, my non-theoretically based solution always sounds best....
heh, same here man. My musical theory knowlege pretty much just involves reading sheet music and messing about on scales for solo's.

Although my way of learning scales is kinda whack. I just figured out the pattern then moved it up or down the fret board depending on what key in needs to be in :S

Play what sounds good i say, musical masturbation gets old after a while and your wrist gets sore :P

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Capt. Black »

Hehehe, Piano players know all the notes, scales, modes, relationship counselling, the works. They're generally itellectuallier than guitarists too.

For pretty much 25 years now, I just look at our keyboard player and ask him, "What was that I just played?" :)

sgt mukuzi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sgt mukuzi »

capt
you just played a roving neopolitan dude
:P

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Capt. Black »

sgt mukuzi wrote:capt
you just played a roving neopolitan dude
:P
Oh, cool. I just made it up. :?

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

them damned fridgedaire modes!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

sgt mukuzi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sgt mukuzi »

schoenberg says we must exploit every modal voicing before we can change key
key change`s rely on the neopolitan
strawberry vanilla and chocolate
as the new tension in the new key

plectrum

Post by plectrum »

You could post the lyric,to get a definitive answer to your main question.Clapton uses 13ths to resolve things.But he's
just a beginner who rarely writes original material.(Tears in Heaven being a rare exception.)

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

plectrum wrote:just a beginner who rarely writes original material.(Tears in Heaven being a rare exception.)
Oh I should think he's written a few more than that - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Clapton_discography

Lets just take a guesstimate at around about a hundred, plus soundtracks. Tears in Heaven would be one of the worst songs he's written IMO.

and a lot of the blues stuff he does are completely new arrangements of the standards - so he re-uses the lyrics, at least he credits them, not like Led Zep did ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

plectrum wrote:You could post the lyric,to get a definitive answer to your main question.Clapton uses 13ths to resolve things.But he's
just a beginner who rarely writes original material.(Tears in Heaven being a rare exception.)
Lyrics?? We don't neeeeed no steenking lyrics. :P

Lyrics are just the things that fill in time between guitar riffs 8)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins