Sootying at the geetard superhette

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Sootying at the geetard superhette

Post by alanp »

Edward wrote:You will get more bang for your buck with an Edwards LP. Seriously. 59 neck, long tenon joint, perfect finish & quality, all gotoh hardware, duncans as standard, sustain that lasts (almost) forever.
Obviously this is my opinion & personal experience & bias. Go with the std if u must. :)
What NZ shops carry Edwards? (An email and postal address only company is not wanted.)

Or is it a 'look on ebay' thing?
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

alanp wrote:
What NZ shops carry Edwards? (An email and postal address only company is not wanted.)

377 Manukau Road Epsom, Auckland 1023
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Edwards
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Edwards »

alanp wrote:
Edward wrote:You will get more bang for your buck with an Edwards LP. Seriously. 59 neck, long tenon joint, perfect finish & quality, all gotoh hardware, duncans as standard, sustain that lasts (almost) forever.
Obviously this is my opinion & personal experience & bias. Go with the std if u must. :)

I am very biased because I own one. It was at the end of a long string of guitars over many years. (Although I have bought another ESP since then, & plan to buy another Edwards). So like anyone who discovers something, you want to share I guess.

The guys on here said KBB Auckland & RS Christchurch have them (who I do not work for !!! )

I buy from a Japanese guitar shop using my credit card, they take about 3 days to get here by insured EMS, then customs calculate the GST, which you then pay to them, to get the guitar into your hands. But actually RS & KBB are not much more $ than what I paid to get my E-LP-92-CD so it would be just as easy & no more expensive to buy local.

If you google them you get a pretty good idea of what they are & what people's thoughts about them are.

I'm only answering the question here, but of course I am one track minded about these, so give me half a chance and I'll rave.

Please carry on and talk about Tokai's and Standard's now :)
ESP Edwards Jimmy Page Les Paul / ESP Eclipse > Rivera Quiana 212
We are the Christians that the devil warned you about

Edwards
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Edwards »

And tele's :roll: :crazy: :thumbdown: :wtf: :yawn:
ESP Edwards Jimmy Page Les Paul / ESP Eclipse > Rivera Quiana 212
We are the Christians that the devil warned you about

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 11 times

Post by alanp »

Already got a tele (and a damn fine one it is.)

Thinking of picking up a LP in the new year, finances permitting.
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 701 times

Post by AiRdAd »

can you give us a bit of info on the telemaster and bits please
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7906 times
Been liked: 4250 times

Post by jeremyb »

I'm quite tempted but are '59 necks quite fat? Prefer the thinner (60's?) profile :(
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Daza152

Post by Daza152 »

alanp wrote:Already got a tele (and a damn fine one it is.)

Thinking of picking up a LP in the new year, finances permitting.
Hey you took the words right out of my mouth... :wink:

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3990 times

Post by Bg »

woo hoo you finally got rid, don't buy anything else that will be a trademe anchor round your neck.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1030 times
Been liked: 2516 times

Post by Slowy »

My problem with Jap LP's is the tiny necks. It makes sense because most Japanese guitar players aren't issued with the same huge hairy paws I wear. But I've never found a Jappa with a 50's style neck and I can't live with the 60's ones.

Evidence that I am wrong will be most welcome.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vorbis »

Reminds me of when Lockwood Smith commented about Asians having small hands.
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1030 times
Been liked: 2516 times

Post by Slowy »

Vorbis wrote:Reminds me of when Lockwood Smith commented about Asians having small hands.
Comparing Slowfingers to Lockwood Smith is strong accusation.........
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

BG wrote:woo hoo you finally got rid, don't buy anything else that will be a trademe anchor round your neck.
Amen.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

sam_the_bogan
Fender
Fender
Been liked: 4 times

Post by sam_the_bogan »

Agree with single coil - on a good trademe day you can get a standard for less than 2k. As for year and the likes it's a pretty subjective thing. There is about of variability around the 80s and 90s so sight unseen is potentially hazardous, now that being said there are also some killer guitars from this period which can got at reasonable prices.

Depending on budget and name on headstock constraints, I'd suggest having a look at Agile. They cost three fifths of fuck all, but the build quality is top notch IMO.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

AiRdAd wrote:can you give us a bit of info on the telemaster and bits please
The body is unsanded, drilled for a Gotoh gtc101 (I think that's the model, I have one in my partscaster which would go with the telemaster body...) also got a couple of pickups, SD custom custom & '59... Neck plate and padding plate as the wood is very soft... Have a left handed all parts neck with Gotoh tuners and side dots on both sides as I have it setup for reverse headstock styles on my partscaster...