Time to buy a PRS singlecut...

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by TMG 03 »

DrRog wrote:> Ha ha thanks for that My Rolex wearing Bmw driving Fender player

Damn - you have a good memory! Must watch you! LOL
we are not all kids here Dr. Some of us are trained killers :wink:

angry_young_poet
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by angry_young_poet »

do not mess with him! *cringe*

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 3930 times

Post by Bg »

lol, I was probably the only person to read it as I happened to be about at the same time. People do get defensive about their favourite brands but to be honest I can't get too worked up about things like that. Much rather be playing guitar.

The Tokai thing was when fender were going through the crap patch - 80's strats, never seen a good one... Tokai brought out a '54 replica which was better than any of the standard strats of the era (Fender weren't making re-issues then either) I don't think it ever actually went to court (tokai backed down) but you will regularly see the word 'lawsuit' bandied around with any Tokai of that era. The proper 'lawsuit' models have 'Springsound' where the word 'Stratocaster' would have been on the headstock. If you get chance to play one of these, its an eye opener - fantastic guitars :) Its rumoured that this is why Fender started the MIJ Strat - because of the high quality of the Tokai copies.... SRV played one, its on the cover of the Texas Flood album, though the make has been airbrushed out - the original pics show the 'Springysound' headstock :)

TMG - I refer you to the LPF's recent threads about lousy customer service, in particular their reluctance to honour the Custom Shop lifetime warranty, failing to contact people who have warranty issues, historics that have been badly setup with little fret dressing, 3 month turnaround for simple fixes, one guy who paid for aged hardware to discover that half was aged and half was brand new, the now infamous twisted neck saga etc etc etc Customer service probably isn't a word synonymous with Gibson at the moment.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

TMG 03 wrote:
DrRog wrote:> Ha ha thanks for that My Rolex wearing Bmw driving Fender player

Damn - you have a good memory! Must watch you! LOL
we are not all kids here Dr. Some of us are trained killers :wink:
Whatever you do, don't let him loose with an SM57, its nastier than an AK47.... "put down the mic, and lie face down on the ground"
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Yoda
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Yoda »

what trouble?? has anyone sent his thugs to break all your windows and dent ur car??

No, but I was kicked off the FDP twice in the early years before I changed my moniker to Yoda. Luckily for me, Chris Greene does not remember those events even though he knows me now. I've also been kicked off of another board twice and have recently left two more boards of my own will due to hard feelings. All due to expressing my true thoughts on volatile issues.

Roger, I agree with your observation that all of that s.h.i.t was the direct result of interacting with Americans. Some people think that Canadians are not much more than Americans without guns. This could not possibly be further from the truth. With a few exceptions, most Cannucks echo your son's feelings. I among them. BTW, Doc, if you have the means to do so, please let Mr. Daventry know that I miss his insight and prose.

When you have to choose between two evils, pick the one you never tried before.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Will do so, mate!
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

bluesgeek wrote: TMG - I refer you to the LPF's recent threads about lousy customer service, in particular their reluctance to honour the Custom Shop lifetime warranty, failing to contact people who have warranty issues, historics that have been badly setup with little fret dressing, 3 month turnaround for simple fixes, one guy who paid for aged hardware to discover that half was aged and half was brand new, the now infamous twisted neck saga etc etc etc Customer service probably isn't a word synonymous with Gibson at the moment.
I can only comment on my own experience, and after reading things like Yodas eamil to them (Gibson) I tend to take anything on the net with a bucket of Salt.

Every manufacter has warry issues. You only have to look at Mazda, Ford and Mitzi here. And cosider you are talking about 5-6 people who seem pretty anal and retentive over some things which I agree should have been sorted but in the big scheme of things I feel they are no the true representation of the who product. I think you are forgetting the amount of very happy customers who post there daily.

When I got my New Tele here from the Rock shop it developed a twisted neck as many fenders do. The took it back and sent it to the Tech to fix, He looked at it and said yip it needs some fixing. So the Rock shop sent away for a new neck from the importers. It turn out that Fender would not give them a neck as the Tech was not the registered tech in Auckland and had nade my warranty N in V the moment he touched it. I had a spat over it and finally after three months got a replacement neck. Not three months shipping time but three month of my guitar sitting at Fender NZ with no neck on it and me with no guitar. So you lines about Gibson CS are really the same for most makers.

Like I said I have had plenty of them delivered to me in the box from the Dealers and all have been fine.

Yoda
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Yoda »

Say,
How many posts do I have to put up before I get to have a little personal logo under my name?

This Epiphone thing just ain't doin' it for me. :lol:

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Yoda wrote:
what trouble?? has anyone sent his thugs to break all your windows and dent ur car??
Some people think that Canadians are not much more than Americans without guns.
Well we know thats not true, 'Bowling for Columbine' proved that you have lots of guns.

You just don't shoot each other with the same regularity ;)

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

You have to grovel to BG and offer to have all his kids! (I think he's lusting after an Ovation...).

Saying that headless basses are actually something other than the devil's own work might help too...
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I couldn't do that though, its like playing russian roulette. If I can't try it, I won't buy it....

I don't think Gibson are any worse than anyone else warranty wise, but I think they ought to be making more of an effort with their historic/custom shop premium price gear to get these issues sorted out, quickly.

angry_young_poet
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by angry_young_poet »

say what's the difference between a Premium plus top and a Plus top?? AAAA vs AA? 11 top vs 10 top??

And yeah i just realised you guys have personalised tags under your names!

Yoda
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Yoda »

Ovation? Really? Why? Haven't we decided they're gay or something?

oops there goes my new tag line....

Well, since I'm a gonner anyway, isn't a headless bass similar to a headless horseman? Something to be feared? And not because of it's greatness, either. LOL!!

Seriously, any bass players here ever try one of those Dingwall Basses?

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

bluesgeek wrote:
Yoda wrote: Some people think that Canadians are not much more than Americans without guns.
Mexican in sweaters really was the best one I heard

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

you have to do serious grovelling or wait until you've hit 300 posts, then drop me a PM. On occasions I have been known to change them on a whim...