Matching guitar & amps

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Matching guitar & amps

Post by Rog »

A long, long time ago I saw a matching CS Strat and Fender amp in the Wellington RS. They were both mother of toilet seat all over. It was a ghastly way to spend $10k in my opinion. Does anyone know who bought it??

What I didn't realise is that matching your guitar and amp is a common practice for some people. Do any of you lot do that?
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: Matching guitar & amps

Post by TMG 03 »

Thats a great picture. Is It a Fender thing matching Amp and guitars.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

I think so.

Here's a Tele with matching amp... not quite my taste!!
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

Rog wrote:What I didn't realise is that matching your guitar and amp is a common practice for some people. Do any of you lot do that?
kinda, the Gunn is black, Marshall cab is black, and the Steambird is... you guessed it, black :lol:

actually thinking about steampunking the amp after i've finished steampunking the Ironbird
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by robnobcorncob »

Ironbird13 wrote:
Rog wrote:What I didn't realise is that matching your guitar and amp is a common practice for some people. Do any of you lot do that?
kinda, the Gunn is black, Marshall cab is black, and the Steambird is... you guessed it, black :lol:

actually thinking about steampunking the amp after i've finished steampunking the Ironbird
Guitar - Black, Amp - Black.

My pedalboard? every colour of the rainbow ! :lol:

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

robnobcorncob wrote:My pedalboard? every colour of the rainbow ! :lol:
yep, 2 outta 11 pedals are black,
and the next 2 pedals i want arent black either, ones blue, and the other is purpley
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

corsair
Gibson
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by corsair »

it's a Fender thing; I got a Fender Custom Shop calendar for Xmas a few years back and there were a lot of guitar/amp combos in that, too - in designs and finishes that fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down!! *shudder* :lol:
There is no sort of aberrant behaviour that cannot be modified by use of the correct ammunition!

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

I actually think that row of matching Strats and HRD's looks really cool. But I'd never buy an amp on looks alone, it's such a vital part of your tone.

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

corsair wrote:it's a Fender thing, designs and finishes that fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down!! *shudder* :lol:
yep :wink: :mrgreen:

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Why spend 10k? if matching colour is your thing surely a spray bomb at the cheap end, or the local car painter would do the trick - :lol:
You can't do THAT on stage!

sambrowne
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sambrowne »

By pure coincidence I have a bright red mesa boogie amp (custom vinyl) and a cherry les paul, and now a cherry 335. I must admit I like that they all match, and have thought about buying a red wah purely because I've come this far. I also have several red OD pedals which is pleasing to me.

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Ironbird13 wrote:

Punk'd.

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

Jenesis wrote:
Punk'd.
nah, Bogan'd :wink: :twisted:

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

On C4, Wednesdays at 10 with your host, Ewen Gilmour.

It's only a matter of time.

Ironbird13

Post by Ironbird13 »

Jenesis wrote:On C4, Wednesdays at 10 with your host, Ewen Gilmour.

It's only a matter of time.
:lol: 8)