self-tuning guitars

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 663 times

Re: self-tuning guitars

Post by Danger Mouse »

Aquila Rosso wrote:My Gibson is a really nice instrument. I can't fault it's quality anywhere.
It's tone is pure LP, nothing else comes close.
I even think a US PRS I played recently had no where near the quality, tone, playability or sheer gorgeousness of my LP.
They are expensive and you may find less expensive gats that are of even better quality, but if you want a Les Paul tone, look and feel, only a Les Paul cuts it (unless you are lucky and find an old Jap copy).

They have had the odd QA problem, which is unacceptable for a high priced guitar like a Gibson.
But anybody that implies they are shit guitars is a retard!!! :evil:

I also think the robot system is brilliant. So there! :mrgreen:
Fine, I'm a retard then, because I didn't find a nice one in a shop full of LPs. It wasn't because they were not as good as I was expecting for the $$, they were all really poor playing and sounding guitars period. The 2nd-hand Godin I eventually bought played and sounded so much better, I was shocked. You may have 'a good one', but then I class you as either lucky or a properly discerning customer. Until I find 'a good one' (new) I won't change my opinion.

A mate of my brothers has a good one, it's gorgeous, it sounds incredible and plays exactly how I expect a Gibson LP to play, but it's an older one, nothing like what I was playing.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 104 times

Post by Aquila Rossa »

yeah, all cool man. :lol:

Mine is a 2004 imported from the US.
I played the same model in the RS and for some reason it had nowhere near the same "Mojo".
Gibson have been known to send guitars out that are not set up properly.
I think the main thing with a Les Paul and others is you need to break them in.
They start to develop their own unique character as the playing hours are clocked up on them.

I believe that if a good guitar is looked after, played well and often by a good musician, over time it will become an even better guitar.
New guitars have no mojo.

Now that's a groovy guitar with lot's of mojo!

I still think robot tuners are cool.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 663 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

I get ya man, I completely understand. Having played my bro's mates gat, I was blown away and that was LP nirvana, so I certainly can appreciate what a good one is like. Can I still be a retard though? :lol:
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.