22 frets vs 24

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: 22 frets vs 24

Post by Tsuken »

ash wrote:
Tsuken wrote:
ash wrote: Yep, its all part of the shred/metal 'package'. Skinny neck, locking trem, neck-thru, ebony FB, reverse/pointy headstock, 24 frets, some combo of humbuckers and singles, long horns and deep cutaways... You don't need any of them, but you have to choose at least five to join the tribe.
As found in a Steel Panther video? ;)
Yes, and as found in your house :mrgreen:
Is it because I is metal? ;)
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

You're anything butt-metal. :lol:
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

ash wrote:You're anything butt-metal. :lol:
O_O

... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Probably right though: I dislike ebony fretboards, I have no reverse headstocks (sadly), and no neck-thru guitars

... oh, "reverse/pointy" ... fair enough. :P

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by ash »

I'm so tempted to paint one of the Safon prototypes like that orange tiger. I want to do a camo one too. Maybe the lefty one as it has a maple fretboard. No-one would buy it though...
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Post by hamo »

ash wrote:I'm so tempted to paint one of the Safon prototypes like that orange tiger. I want to do a camo one too. Maybe the lefty one as it has a maple fretboard. No-one would buy it though...
Have any pics of the Safon surfaced yet? (Is there anything to photograph yet?)
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Ears
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Ears »

I love ebony fingerboards. Bright like maple without the slipperyness caused by the lacquer preventing absorbion of perspiration. The choice of legions of discerning string players and luthiers for over four centuries.
"The piano is a monster that screams when you touch its teeth". - Andres Segovia

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by ash »

hamo wrote:
No, I junked the first body and haven't finished anything yet. There are four in progress, a standard righty, a standard lefty, a neck-thru flame maple fancy-ass one and a maple topped custom heading down south. The standard righty will be first, shortly after all the queued guitars are done. Grown men may weep.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Post by hamo »

ash wrote:
hamo wrote:
No, I junked the first body and haven't finished anything yet. There are four in progress, a standard righty, a standard lefty, a neck-thru flame maple fancy-ass one and a maple topped custom heading down south. The standard righty will be first, shortly after all the queued guitars are done. Grown men may weep.
Oooh, I'm quivering with antici

pation.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by ash »

Ears wrote:I love ebony fingerboards. Bright like maple without the slipperyness caused by the lacquer preventing absorbion of perspiration. The choice of legions of discerning string players and luthiers for over four centuries.
That brightness is so powerful. Lots of all-maple instruments with ebony fingerboards through the history of acoustic stringed instruments, but it you do that with an electric it can take your head off with the first high bend! :shock:

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by ash »

hamo wrote:
Oooh, I'm quivering with antici

pation.
At first I though you were quivering with antacid...

but that would havce been silly. 8)

Ears
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Ears »

ash wrote:
Ears wrote:I love ebony fingerboards. Bright like maple without the slipperyness caused by the lacquer preventing absorbion of perspiration. The choice of legions of discerning string players and luthiers for over four centuries.
That brightness is so powerful. Lots of all-maple instruments with ebony fingerboards through the history of acoustic stringed instruments, but it you do that with an electric it can take your head off with the first high bend! :shock:
love it :D
"The piano is a monster that screams when you touch its teeth". - Andres Segovia

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

I just haven't really liked the feel of the few I've played: too hard. I prefer the softer feel of rosewood.

Here be bloggins

Ears
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Ears »

Tsuken wrote:
I just haven't really liked the feel of the few I've played: too hard. I prefer the softer feel of rosewood.
Rosewood is good too, also not slippery.

Greg
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Greg »

I find rosewood is much less smooth under the finger than ebony. But on most guitars it is prettier.

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Hot_Grits »

Ears wrote:
ash wrote:
love it :D
Never been a fan, except on some Les paul Customs, which need some brightening with all that mahogany. Ebony was another of those things that was considered 'bestest' by everyone I talked to when I was a kid but I never actually liked when I got around trying for myself. Something clinical to the sound, especially once you pair it with other brightish woods.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?