Guitar cables

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

nzsimon1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Re: Guitar cables

Post by nzsimon1 »

velcro cable ties are also a great idea

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Ash - quick make a geetar with an inbuilt transmitter - there's an opening here I tells ya!!
Simon will handle the receivers for ya and you'll both rake it in.
Equip it with a plug so the user can throw the geetar on charge during breaks.
Natch, I'll expect my 10% for the idea! :lol:
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

clubhouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 256 times

Post by clubhouse »

Rog wrote:Ash - quick make a geetar with an inbuilt transmitter - there's an opening here I tells ya!!
You're on to it Rog.

Or for a more prehistoric idea...an amp with an automatic guitar lead retractor thingy like some of those vacuum cleaners have for the power lead... :wink: :roll:

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Why bother with the middleman, I should build a guitar with an internal Mesa Boogie stack!
It'll be a bit cumbersome unless you upgrade to the Tardis version.... and a bitch on 9V batteries.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

didnt that charactoer "Jerry Cornelius" from...um forgot Ill look it up later.........Have a quote "400 year old self tuning fender statocaster with an inbuilt 400 watt plasma amplifier"....??

Ill try to find the novel and author

edit
here it is - from wikipedia
Jerry Cornelius is a fictional secret agent and adventurer created by science fiction / fantasy author Michael Moorcock. Cornelius is a hipster of ambiguous and occasionally polymorphous sexuality. Many of the same characters feature in each of several Cornelius books, though the individual books have little connection with one another, having a more metafictional than causal relationship. The first Jerry Cornelius book, The Final Programme was made into a 1973 film starring Jon Finch and Jenny Runacre. Notting Hill in London features prominently in the stories.
Last edited by Lawrence on Fri May 29, 2009 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Lawrence »

Rog wrote:Ash - quick make a geetar with an inbuilt transmitter - there's an opening here I tells ya!!
doent need a plug.....the guitar stand is the charging dock via inductance......
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

Lawrence wrote:didnt that charactoer "Jerry Cornelius" from...um forgot Ill look it up later.........Have a quote "400 year old self tuning fender statocaster with an inbiult 400 watt plasma amplifier"....??
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyVTvtgm ... re=channel[/youtube]
8)
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Lawrence »

actually a better solution is the ultra high frequency beam wave interferance speakers system that someone has running....it makes no sound until it hits a surface then gives the illusion that the surface is the source......I tried to google this and couldnt find it so if anyone has info its pretty cool!!

It could be built into the gat and use the stage walls as the radiator :D :D
GrantB wrote:

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Lawrence »

btw...its friday...Im stressed...and tired...and should be concentrating on work :shock:
GrantB wrote:

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

Lawrence wrote:actually a better solution is the ultra high frequency beam wave interferance speakers system that someone has running....it makes no sound until it hits a surface then gives the illusion that the surface is the source......I tried to google this and couldnt find it so if anyone has info its pretty cool!!

with the added bonus of being able to use it as a romulan style disruptor on the ½ cut bogan yelling out 'play some metallica'.. winning idea Lawrence :D
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

Lawrence wrote:actually a better solution is the ultra high frequency beam wave interferance speakers system that someone has running....it makes no sound until it hits a surface then gives the illusion that the surface is the source......I tried to google this and couldnt find it so if anyone has info its pretty cool!!

:shock: :shock: 8)
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 857 times
Been liked: 276 times

Post by calling card »

Lawrence wrote:btw...its friday...Im stressed...and tired...and should be concentrating on work :shock:

Yeah me too, my eyes are stinging & head hurts... wonder why I bother, only got $5 loose change to get thru the weekend on but the food & booze stocks are good. :D

*uck the recession, in my game (engineering) one whisper of recession & the handbrake comes on... well they let go of it two weeks ago, now we are smokin'... rock on the weekend 8)
2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus