Wanted 6 stringed piece of crap

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Anvil Amps Alan
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 89 times

Wanted 6 stringed piece of crap

Post by Anvil Amps Alan »

I am no Guitarist, I just need an absolute rubbish Axe for Amplifier testing. Could also be used for banging in Warratahs etc. FREE or extremely cheap.(maybe swap for a valve or two if the instrument is better than a cricket bat?)
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a
delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Re: Wanted 6 stringed piece of crap

Post by rocklander »

might be worth watching this auction?
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instrume ... 379250.htm
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Anvil Amps Alan
Gibson

rocklander wrote:might be worth watching this auction?
Thanx for that, I could barbecue the body to improve the colour!
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Anvil Amps Alan
Gibson

Gone past what I want to pay!

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

Anvil Amps Alan wrote:
if you really wanna pay less than $40 for a guitar, then why not just get a $20 mp3 player from DSE and record someone else's guitar into that, then hit the play button.. it'd mean you could tweak the amp whilst it plays for you...
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

sgt mukuzi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sgt mukuzi »

hey mate in al honesty i recognise a BIG difference when ever i plug a budget ax in my amp, you need to get somthing BLOODY good to test your amps on
i cant imagine if ASH or Fuzziebrother asked for some crap to test there stuff on, if they did the outcome could have been very different. you see quality breeds quality, i CANNOT speak for these guys, as if i did both would join forces to kill me, and i wouldnt want that.. or at least one by one would be enough
you need a custom shop guitar made by the guys who have not been employed yet, the guys people (on the internet)are looking for, the guys people are looking at! (on the internet) dont be happy with the $25 Samik i would give you if i didnt care, be happy with the custom shop Burrello, a custom shop as yet un-opoend a custom shop you need to be in league with
do not DISS the custom shop i have just invented as it is for sale

$25 custom shop, BYO every thing else
sambrowne wrote:I've included things like chord voicing’s and musical terminology for those that can understand it, while trying to keep it accessible enough for fans to enjoy as well.
You are a hypocritical, whining bitch. F*$k off and die Anthony.

Anvil Amps Alan
Gibson

rocklander wrote:
Anvil Amps Alan wrote:
if you really wanna pay less than $40 for a guitar, then why not just get a $20 mp3 player from DSE and record someone else's guitar into that, then hit the play button.. it'd mean you could tweak the amp whilst it plays for you...
I am only concerned with the signal level input from the ax to the amp. The tonal qualities are unimportant for this test purpose.
At the moment I use an acoustic with a 1960s pickup which clips in sound hole. This does not provide much signal and when I crank up the volume of course there is acoustic feedback.

Anvil Amps Alan
Gibson

sgt mukuzi wrote:hey mate in al honesty i recognise a BIG difference when ever i plug a budget ax in my amp, you need to get somthing BLOODY good to test your amps on
i cant imagine if ASH or Fuzziebrother asked for some crap to test there stuff on, if they did the outcome could have been very different. you see quality breeds quality, i CANNOT speak for these guys, as if i did both would join forces to kill me, and i wouldnt want that.. or at least one by one would be enough
you need a custom shop guitar made by the guys who have not been employed yet, the guys people (on the internet)are looking for, the guys people are looking at! (on the internet) dont be happy with the $25 Samik i would give you if i didnt care, be happy with the custom shop Burrello, a custom shop as yet un-opoend a custom shop you need to be in league with
do not DISS the custom shop i have just invented as it is for sale

$25 custom shop, BYO every thing else
Thanks for your concern but I am a technician, the electronics is what I need a suitable level signal for and anything with 2-3 pickups will do for that.
Tonal qualities are adjusted according to the owner's taste, using the owner's instrument/s and ear/s.
I work with the client and do not profess to be able to predict peoples taste or tonal preferences.

I don't intend to have $Ks worth of guitars to select from!
Maybe I should build a guitar myself.

sgt mukuzi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sgt mukuzi »

thats a good idea, or you could buy my set of FENDER japan pick ups and mount them on a piece of wood, i can give you a bass bridge and you could hook the strings thrugh that, but i dont have any tuners spare. that could work
sambrowne wrote:I've included things like chord voicing’s and musical terminology for those that can understand it, while trying to keep it accessible enough for fans to enjoy as well.
You are a hypocritical, whining bitch. F*$k off and die Anthony.

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

I'm contemplating setting fire to a guitar this weekend, so dire is it's lack of quality. It's made of wood that is probably one step down from an apple crate, but it is capable of making noise when plugged in and strummed, so if you want to cover the cost of shipping it up to Auckland from here (Napier), you are welcome to have it.

My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

Gelato wrote:I'm contemplating setting fire to a guitar this weekend, so dire is it's lack of quality. It's made of wood that is probably one step down from an apple crate, but it is capable of making noise when plugged in and strummed, so if you want to cover the cost of shipping it up to Auckland from here (Napier), you are welcome to have it.

if the knobs are also in the line of fire (pun intended) they'd look great on a pedal 8)
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

rocklander wrote:if the knobs are also in the line of fire (pun intended) they'd look great on a pedal 8)
They are kinda big knobs (ohh-err etc.), like those bell ones on the Lesbian Paulsey's. Could be good for pedal use though.
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

Gelato wrote:
rocklander wrote:if the knobs are also in the line of fire (pun intended) they'd look great on a pedal 8)
They are kinda big knobs (ohh-err etc.), like those bell ones on the Lesbian Paulsey's. Could be good for pedal use though.
if there's ever any spare knobs round the place I'm always keen.. bound to find a use :lol:
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

RobRoyMcCoy
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by RobRoyMcCoy »

Hi Alan,

From a technical perspective one thing to consider is that different guitars put out different voltages.

A low output vintage guitar may put out a maximum of 250mVAC (rms). My current axe is relatively high output for a passive design and it does around 800mV. The maximum passive pickup voltage output may be around 1VAC, whilst an EMG active pickup equipped guitar may do up to 2VAC.

Just food for thought.

Regards,
Rob
Greenstone Amplifiers

Anvil Amps Alan
Gibson

sgt mukuzi wrote:thats a good idea, or you could buy my set of FENDER japan pick ups and mount them on a piece of wood, i can give you a bass bridge and you could hook the strings thrugh that, but i dont have any tuners spare. that could work
Then I could rig up 6 solenoid powered plectrums, tune it to E and let it play itself.
There are lots of possibilities, including learning to play well enough so that I would actually want a good guitar!
Seriously, a crap signal source gat with more output level and no acoustic feedback is all I need.
It certainly will not detract from the tonal quality of amps I build.