I dealt with Dominic26 and only got slightly burnt.

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 103 times

I dealt with Dominic26 and only got slightly burnt.

Post by Aquila Rossa »

I took a risk a few months ago and did a deal with dodgy dominic26 to get that GMW Randy/Zakk flying Vee.
IMG_0623s.jpg
I paid 1.9K. It took him nearly 2 weeks to get it here and the Floyd Rose needed repairing (saddle blocks were stuffed)
So once I got the gat and Mr Glynn repaired it, I only felt slightly stung. I'm wrapped to have the guitar, but won't deal with him again.

Everybody who has played the guitar is blown away by the neck profile and action. It has THE nicest neck on any gat I've ever played.
Lee Garver sure knows how to make a fine intrument.
The tone is really clear and well defined, although I'd like it to have more growl and bite like my Les paul. Sustain is a bit better than a skinny Ibanez but not as good as a Les Paul.
I'm considering ripping out the white EMGs and putting a Dimarzio SD in the bridge and a Dimarzio PAF in the neck, to give it more bite and make it sound more like Randy Rhoads' PDV. If I do, I'll have to change the electronics too. Let me know if you have the right pups etc and want to swap for white EMGs.
The funny looking PDV headstock puts a few people off, but overall this is an amazing gat. The guys in Atwaters didn't think they had anything in store to sell me that could match it (I was thinking of trading it in, but have got used to playing a Vee now)

Good enough for Zakk, way good enough for me (he has polka dots on his 2 GMW vees)

http://gmwguitars.com/

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Re: I dealt with Dominic26 and only got slightly burnt.

Post by Some Bozo »

The other bidders were probably his alter egos
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Some Bozo wrote:The other bidders were probably his alter egos
True, he is dodgy as!
I wouldn't risk it again, it was just a rare deal.

twistedthoughts
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 7 times

Post by twistedthoughts »

It's so disappointing when I search "guitar" on TradeMe and a kick ass, probably-never-come-up-again, type guitar (or amp) comes up with a reasonable price only to find old dominic26 is auctioning it. :roll:

I've posted loads of his dodgy deals in the Trade Me Madness thread. Would love to know where his endless supply of slightly damaged high-end gear comes from...

Welcome back, Aquilla.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

twistedthoughts wrote:It's so disappointing when I search "guitar" on TradeMe and a kick ass, probably-never-come-up-again, type guitar (or amp) comes up with a reasonable price only to find old dominic26 is auctioning it. :roll:

I've posted loads of his dodgy deals in the Trade Me Madness thread. Would love to know where his endless supply of slightly damaged high-end gear comes from...

Welcome back, Aquilla.
He's got that LP custom atm.
Funny thing was that he was asking if a gibson had a cracked neck a few weeks ago because he's been stung before. The LP custom he is selling now has a cracked neck. At least is is being honest about it this time (6K ??? yeah right!).
He does have some amazing gat stuff for sale. he swoops in on desparation sales, waits afew months, then lists it. I don't think he pays much attention to faults.

crunchy as kellogs
Squier

Post by crunchy as kellogs »

who is this guy? its not an alter sgo for andrew/Muzakthangs is it?
"Guitar playing isnt a competition, but Jeff Beck is the best" - Ritchie Sambora

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

crunchy as kellogs wrote:who is this guy? its not an alter sgo for andrew/Muzakthangs is it?
Ther are few TM music sellers to avoid, Dom is one, others are lift and denche etc.
They are to the secondhand market what MT is to the new.

crunchy as kellogs
Squier

Post by crunchy as kellogs »

thanks for that.
"Guitar playing isnt a competition, but Jeff Beck is the best" - Ritchie Sambora

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

He had a few fairly obvious sockpuppet accounts, "domcore" was one of them, they used to bid on each other's no reserve auctions to stop it selling if the price was too low. Then it'd be "trade was not completed" to avoid TM fees
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Some Bozo wrote:He had a few fairly obvious sockpuppet accounts, "domcore" was one of them, they used to bid on each other's no reserve auctions to stop it selling if the price was too low. Then it'd be "trade was not completed" to avoid TM fees
This guitar that I bought from dominic26, my new GT-10 and my new Marshall are the last big $$$ deals I'll be doing for for a while.
ACC said that my spine is stuffed due to natural aging process (this has since been refuted), so they packed me off to see winz, meaning that I now have to study and pay all my medical costs on a benefit. Brokeness sucks!!
My lawyer is putting together a good case, meaning that if successful, ACC will have to backpay months of wages and medical costs. I'll be buying some guitars and stuff then for sure.
It is going to be a few years of retraining before i can make similar money on land to what I used to make at sea.

DaNextSlash
Fender
Fender

Post by DaNextSlash »

Aquila Rosso wrote: Ther are few TM music sellers to avoid, Dom is one, others are lift and denche etc.
lift bought a PRS McCarty that I wanted...bitch, bastard rant etc :evil:
Hmmm....Its niiiiiice
I like

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

DaNextSlash wrote:
Aquila Rosso wrote: Ther are few TM music sellers to avoid, Dom is one, others are lift and denche etc.
lift bought a PRS McCarty that I wanted...bitch, bastard rant etc :evil:
I was looking at PRS gats yesterday at k-road RS, they don't really light my fire like gibsons do.
I'll have to pass on that Jackson of yours, I'm a broke student now (although I may get a small windfall before xmas)

Michael
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by Michael »

Nice gat man.

Oh, and good to have you back.

sgt mukuzi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sgt mukuzi »

were you in the RS about lunch time?

anyway i have a white paf pro i would love to trade it for a white emg
sambrowne wrote:I've included things like chord voicing’s and musical terminology for those that can understand it, while trying to keep it accessible enough for fans to enjoy as well.
You are a hypocritical, whining bitch. F*$k off and die Anthony.

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

how's the GT10? I've got a GT8 i rarely use but i love it
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks