I dealt with Dominic26 and only got slightly burnt.

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

godgrinder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 594 times

Re: I dealt with Dominic26 and only got slightly burnt.

Post by godgrinder »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:I would avoid the B-52 TBH, I can’t imagine it to be a particularly high quality amp
Fun fact: Friedman, Tone King, 65 Amps etc are all made at B52's facility.
Amps:
Soldano SLO100 x2 | Wizard MC1 & MC2 | Diezel Herbert
Fryette Pittbull CL | Marshall 2203KK | Krank Rev 50 | Mesa Mark 2A

Rack stuff:
VHT/Fryette GP3, GP/DI & 2/90/2 | Peters FSM/Chimera
Verellen Meatsmoke | Synergy SYN1 | Mesa Studio

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

godgrinder wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:I would avoid the B-52 TBH, I can’t imagine it to be a particularly high quality amp
Holy shitballs. That's the most surprising this I have heard all week :crazy:

DongHua
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by DongHua »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
godgrinder wrote:
And us as people are not good handling the truth sometimes.

Same when people head about their ESP standard guitar are actually made in China with a MiJ sticker, lol.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

DongHua wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
godgrinder wrote:

Same when people head about their ESP standard guitar are actually made in China with a MiJ sticker, lol.
Is that so?

Duesenberg's woodwork is done in Korea I understand. Faultless hardware and final finishing so can't really complain. They could be more transparent though.

DongHua
Tokai
Tokai

Post by DongHua »

Molly wrote:
DongHua wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote: Holy shitballs. That's the most surprising this I have heard all week :crazy:

Is that so?

Duesenberg's woodwork is done in Korea I understand. Faultless hardware and final finishing so can't really complain. They could be more transparent though.
Yip, since 90s, flawless guitars for the price anyway.

And that using MiJ sticker instead of “stamping” was a very shady practice.

Note: Peavey last year slapped M in USA sticker to cover the MiC stickers on their amps and got away from doing so, was a similar example.
And that shady endorser Misha guy promised photo of USA manufacturing line never happened, because there were none.

Eruera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Eruera »

Personally I think that SaltyTrotter17 would be a big hit on the YouTubes

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

DongHua wrote: And us as people are not good handling the truth sometimes.

I struggle with the thought of paying $2000 for a Jackson that is made in indonesia like the Pro series are.

Mind you they are great guitars and by the look of it Jacksons quality control seems to be top notch given how many different countries their guitars are made and the consistency of the product
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

No but you can see Edwards, which have made no bones about being machined in China but assembled and finished in Japan.

I also think I can see E-ii in a couple of those photos. Not like it matters. They're great guitars regardless of the country in which the CNC machine sits.

DongHua
Tokai
Tokai

Post by DongHua »

hard to swallow I know, but it’s ok, we decide what is the “fact” and what we choose to believe, last but not least, we spend our own money on whatever make ourselves happy.

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by mrmofo »

DongHua wrote:hard to swallow I know, but it’s ok, we decide what is the “fact” and what we choose to believe, last but not least, we spend our own money on whatever make ourselves happy.

I`m not looking for an argument but can you post a link? I do find this stuff interesting, I`ve heard people say Gibson necks were made in japan in the 70`s and 80`s, common recent one is that Cheaper Gibsons are made in China, etc but after watching factory videos all I can guess is the fret-boards are made off shore, from what there doing it doesn't make sense to have some gibsons made in china and others not.

anyway, watch the eppiphone factory tour, those things are pretty much hand made in China.

ESP in my view have the absolute worst marketing strategy of any guitar company.
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

godgrinder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 594 times

Post by godgrinder »

mrmofo wrote:ESP in my view have the absolute worst marketing strategy of any guitar company.
I think they are strategically making way for Schecter during the last 5-10 years because they are owned by the same guy.
Amps:
Soldano SLO100 x2 | Wizard MC1 & MC2 | Diezel Herbert
Fryette Pittbull CL | Marshall 2203KK | Krank Rev 50 | Mesa Mark 2A

Rack stuff:
VHT/Fryette GP3, GP/DI & 2/90/2 | Peters FSM/Chimera
Verellen Meatsmoke | Synergy SYN1 | Mesa Studio

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by mrmofo »

NippleWrestler wrote:No but you can see Edwards, which have made no bones about being machined in China but assembled and finished in Japan.

I also think I can see E-ii in a couple of those photos. Not like it matters. They're great guitars regardless of the country in which the CNC machine sits.
yes! took me a while but I also saw a few E11 guitars.
interesting

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

mrmofo wrote: I`ve heard people say Gibson necks were made in japan in the 70`s and 80`s,
The owner of a pretty successful guitar shop in Devon told me once that when he visited Fender in the 70s there were loads of boxes around with Chinese characters on them. Could be that he was giving me a price on my CBS Strat at the time... He'd say anything to drive the price down.

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by mrmofo »

Molly wrote:
mrmofo wrote: I`ve heard people say Gibson necks were made in japan in the 70`s and 80`s,
The owner of a pretty successful guitar shop in Devon told me once that when he visited Fender in the 70s there were loads of boxes around with Chinese characters on them. Could be that he was giving me a price on my CBS Strat at the time... He'd say anything to drive the price down.
the guy who told me about the made in japan Gibson necks owned a music shop.
when you look at the three piece volute necks from the 70`s they do look an awful lot like the Japanese necks from the same period. and that lawsuit, what was that really about?
I know the fender headstock lawsuit from the early 80`s, but what was the 70`s one all about?

I have heard the boxes of parts story, I`m pretty sure I may have spied a few on an old factory tour video. that said, an older Gibson custom shop tour had boxes of pre made fretboards behind an "artisan" she was casually pulling them out and slapping them on the unfinished necks.
to add insult, it was Piece work, something Gibson said they would never do again after the 70`s Norlin era.
sometimes I look at my Hamer and think they were made from Gibson parts smuggled out of the factory ;)