Can't Help But want To Throttle Some People

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1388 times
Been liked: 2131 times

Can't Help But want To Throttle Some People

Post by GrantB »

Along the similar lines we have talked of before, TradeMe can be a feeking infuriating place. Look at this auction:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auct ... d=13527312

I asked a question about the Kluson style tuners still being on there - the photo that the seller sent me confirmed that. However, Mr Know It All freddyornot suggests that I am a knob becuase I asked that question...aside from actually being quite funny because it isso rediculous, Mr freddyornot is of course worng about the re-issue statement - this is indeed a Japanese Vintage Re-Issue which I own also one of. They do have Kluson style tuners and were often removed by silly buggers. I had intended to bid and given the reserve was right was I could have - I worked tonight only finishing now and forgot.

Anyway, just wanted to vent my spleen (what a weird saying).

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

Hmmm, "freddyornot" so far has purchased 2 items off TradeMe, a chromaharp and a DVD starring Richard Burton, Elizabeth Taylor and Peter O'Toole... And he is trying to call someone else a knob? :wink:

I can't stand it when people try to butt into auctions thinking they have a point to prove.

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

Nice strat that. Is it a 57 reissue. It will have the butter bean tuners won't it.

I would buy it for the tweed case alone :P
Last edited by TMG 03 on Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yoda
US of Fackin' A Fender

Post by Yoda »

Maybe he meant that he calls the tuners knobs.
Yah, OK it's a stretch, I know...

;^)

When you have to choose between two evils, pick the one you never tried before.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

LOL - you may be right, mate.

With the 'dumbing down' of schools, people have greater difficulty in explaining themselves.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2276 times
Been liked: 3991 times

Post by Bg »

the MIJ 57 reissue should have the same kluson style on as mine - which is the 54 reissue with the V neck :)

You will be relieved to know that on this occasion I haven't been a 'silly bugger' and the tuners are still there, though I keep thinking that the godawful fotoflame has to go.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Funnily enough - seeing as y'all know how I prefer colours to woodgrain - I like the fotoflame... takes all sorts...
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

it would be better if it wasn't green.... oh well guess I'll buy a new body and paint it sunburst :) I love the really dark burst that the 50th anniversary Strats that are being sold...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Red Fred
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Red Fred »

Man that guy is a dick,, he is the one butting in being a 'knob' not you. Some people....kinda like my ex gf.
She owes me $85 and refuses to pay, what a bitch sigh.... :evil:

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

hey mate at least its only $85, I had to give my ex-wife in the UK the $600,000 house we'd paid off.

Red Fred
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Red Fred »

Damn that's tough, females are soo horrible but you cna't live with or without em sucks really.... :?
Anyway I got some plans to her back so I'm sure things will catch up with her.... :wink:

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1388 times
Been liked: 2131 times

Post by GrantB »

Holy b'jesus bluesgeek...that exchange rate is a killer ain't it $600K buys a nice bit 0of dirt here...hey, you didn't cream it in the 90's with the web bubble did ya?...sorry to hear about the house mate. Ah well, least you're on the right side of the planet and playing music - the latter is all that counts.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

porkpie
Stagg
Stagg

Post by porkpie »

i was pretty close to grabbing that strat, the four piece body held me back, looks kinda ugly but really its probably quite a nice gat. :) its been along time since i did the strat thing.
1964 Epiphone Newport
1974 Kasuga ES335
1982 Greco Flying V
1984 Tokai Hard Puncher
1999 Epiphone Japan LP
2015 Epiphone Sheraton Union Jack

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

*UNIQUE* wrote:Holy b'jesus bluesgeek...that exchange rate is a killer ain't it $600K buys a nice bit 0of dirt here...hey, you didn't cream it in the 90's with the web bubble did ya?...sorry to hear about the house mate. Ah well, least you're on the right side of the planet and playing music - the latter is all that counts.
Yep I was earning a fortune while it lasted :( thats how I paid the mortgage off. But I'm here, penniless and happy :) The main thing is that shes 12,500 miles away....

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by TMG 03 »

If you current wife finds out about all the gear you been buying over the past six months you will be in some pain. I bet she still doesn't know about the MIJ Strat. :lol:
Come to think of it She probally blames me for your GAS. :P You were happy with a POD and a small marshall amp back beofre you meet me.

Now It take my farty Jeep to carry your gear around :P