Your most loved guitar

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

sonicfantom
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Your most loved guitar

Post by sonicfantom »

In other words, if your house was on fire and you had time to grab just one axe, which would it be?

And no, the fire axe doesn't count (though it probably makes more sense :lol: )
slash-ed wrote:Sigh it's bullshit that we have to live in a world where tortoiseshell isn't real tortoise shell, zebra pickups aren't made from zebra, and the Dusk Tiger is a goofy ass guitar, not a goddamn ninja tiger that appears only at dusk... to eat your FACE. :(

sonicfantom
Ashton
Ashton

Re: Your most loved guitar

Post by sonicfantom »

Sorry for double post.

Forgot to add: And why?
slash-ed wrote:Sigh it's bullshit that we have to live in a world where tortoiseshell isn't real tortoise shell, zebra pickups aren't made from zebra, and the Dusk Tiger is a goofy ass guitar, not a goddamn ninja tiger that appears only at dusk... to eat your FACE. :(

mr414
Stagg
Stagg

Post by mr414 »

vintage '65 fender mustang...just cause it's sooo cool and would be hard to replace!

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

2006 Cole Clark FL2.

It plays and sounds right up there with any guitar I've ever played. And it's broken in just right.

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 775 times
Been liked: 260 times

Post by Miza »

Easy, whatever guitar I own at the time. :oops:

Man, UNIQUE would be stuffed!
Nothing to see here.

RUDENBARK
Gibson

Post by RUDENBARK »

My pride'n'joy Washburn acoustic.

And if I have time, I'd probably check to make sure the missus and cat got out ok.
You have the right to remain silent... But I wanna hear you scream!

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

my tele, I guess. I like all three of my work guitars, though.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

bbrunskill wrote:2006 Cole Clark FL2.

It plays and sounds right up there with any guitar I've ever played. And it's broken in just right.
Shock, horror! You like it better than the Lowden?

Not knocking the Cole Clark, it's just that you talked once at a Gear Fest about finding the Lowden and it sounded like a long and arduous quest.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 251 times

Post by Kiwiaxe »

My 1991 celebrity series Les Paul - identical to http://www.hendrixguitars.com/Gi100.htm except I lost the pickguard forever ago.

Why? I bought this in 1991, with every cent I had plus maxxing out every available source of finance while I was at University - and used it extensively in the band I was playing in at the time (Cartoon) at the Gluepot (no longer exists), Java Jive (no longer exists), and various other locations including when we supported Dobbyn, Exponents and Jan Helriegel on various occasions. You might say it (she?) and I have some history!

Also, the simple fact is that I've never played a LP that I liked the feel and sound of more, especially since I put Bareknuckle Rebel Yells in. The ebony fretboard is awesome too :)

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

Would be too painful to choose between my two Ash ones, because (a) they're so different and complementary, and (b) one is for each of my kids - kind of hard to explain why one of them has an Ash guitar, and one a smoking lump of ash ;)

I guess it would be either the one that was closest, or the totally custom Zakk - because that was done completely to my specs basically without limitations, whereas the Catherine started from an existing body and neck.
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 529 times

Post by Zaulkin »

Kiwiaxe wrote:My 1991 celebrity series Les Paul - identical to http://www.hendrixguitars.com/Gi100.htm except I lost the pickguard forever ago.

Why? I bought this in 1991, with every cent I had plus maxxing out every available source of finance while I was at University - and used it extensively in the band I was playing in at the time (Cartoon) at the Gluepot (no longer exists), Java Jive (no longer exists), and various other locations including when we supported Dobbyn, Exponents and Jan Helriegel on various occasions. You might say it (she?) and I have some history!

Also, the simple fact is that I've never played a LP that I liked the feel and sound of more, especially since I put Bareknuckle Rebel Yells in. The ebony fretboard is awesome too :)
Beautiful.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 645 times
Been liked: 814 times

Post by hamo »

I'd leave my guitars in there and let them burn, then use the insurance money to get something cool. :mrgreen:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 418 times
Been liked: 1022 times

Post by bender »

I'd grab the one in my avatar. Robin Avalon standard. It's easily the nicest guitar I've ever played.

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

it would have to be my Ironbird, i've had it for 8yrs now and i always compare how other guitars feel to this, non have come close to it...
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

cheeseboy777
Squier

Post by cheeseboy777 »

I'd probably die of smoke inhalation trying to decide between my 77 Ibanez Artist 335 and my JV Squier P bass. I think the JV...or the Artist...meh *cough cough*
Time to restring? Check our site for the cheapest deals in NZ!

http://www.guitarstuff.co.nz