PRS limited John Mayer run

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

PRS limited John Mayer run

Post by SimpleSi »

http://www.prsguitars.com/supereagle/

I'd hate to hear the price tag.

But while JM is a douche.. His taste in guitars is amazing.
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Re: PRS limited John Mayer run

Post by JHorner »

SimpleSi wrote:But while JM is a douche.. His [strike]taste in guitars[/strike] guitar budget is amazing.

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by SimpleSi »

Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

dylan
Gibson
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by dylan »

I think JM might be an alien. In my experience people who have unusually high levels of talent also have unusually high levels of faults - generally they are either buttock troublers, prone to opiate addiction, or prone to cancer while young.

But with JM we have a person whos tall, considered great looking by women, has plowed his way though most of the worlds hottest actresses, made himself into a popstar, then made himself into a guitar hero, all without any major fuckups of scandalls.

its just impossible - hes an alien :mrgreen:
:evil: Mids so haunting that demons took over my living room and now my guitar glows! :evil:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

In usual PRS fashion, a beautiful guitar ruined by adding a whole bunch of $3 switches to it....
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

dylan wrote:I think JM might be an alien. In my experience people who have unusually high levels of talent also have unusually high levels of faults - generally they are either buttock troublers, prone to opiate addiction, or prone to cancer while young.

But with JM we have a person whos tall, considered great looking by women, has plowed his way though most of the worlds hottest actresses, made himself into a popstar, then made himself into a guitar hero, all without any major fuckups of scandalls.

its just impossible - hes an alien :mrgreen:
If 'buttock troubler' is a homosexual reference I don't think it can reasonably, in 2016 be referred to as a fault. As for the man himself, he's a smart bloke with some great chops, some terrible and some good songs. If you get a chance watch the series of MIT lectures he did. Really interesting.

The PRS looks like an '80s Ibanez to me for some reason. One of the posh Roadsters.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2255 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

SimpleSi wrote:http://davesguitar.com/products/paul-re ... per-eagle/

$11,500 USD haha... yeah right
Calling all blues lawyers.....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

jeremyb wrote:In usual PRS fashion, a beautiful guitar ruined by adding a whole bunch of $3 switches to it....
Yeah, but NOS switches...

dylan
Gibson

Post by dylan »

Add three phase switches - hmmm PRS Red Special. Perhaps with normal short prs 24.5 scale, vs the 24in of the original.
:evil: Mids so haunting that demons took over my living room and now my guitar glows! :evil:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

dylan wrote:buttock troublers
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

werdna
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 458 times

Post by werdna »

The F hole - love it or hate it.
In life, don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Clanger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Clanger »

Not a bad looking guitar at all, and probably looks even better in the flesh.

But, my tall poppy syndrome hates the JM type. He'd be a real Kristin School, Takapuna Beach mummy's boy I reckon.
Make Music Great Again

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

dylan wrote:
Well that explains all the hate then.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

dylan
Gibson

Post by dylan »

Plus has stunning tone. He would be a good candidate for a dollars a/b - record him playing his rig, then record him using an SE prs and equivalent amp/fx - see how much difference it makes.

And your right Molly - in todays "gay is the new straight" world its hardly a disadvantage, but i was born in 1970 so have basically a 1950's mindset.

I only made up that silly couplet to get around the word replacer.

A rant about gear and dollars...

I played squires and epi's from 1985 to 2010, and during those 25 years never really got good at lead guitar. Then i got a Schecter, and started to practise guitar every day, and started getting better. Then i got a Sheraton, and kept getting better. Then a year ago i got my first high ender, and its completly changed my playing. Its so much easier for my feelings to come out through my fingers with the better guitars. On the other hand, in blind testing most people like my epi paul with tonerider ac4's :crazy:

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 837 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by jimi »

dylan wrote:I played squires and epi's from 1985 to 2010, and during those 25 years never really got good at lead guitar.
Mate, I remember jamming with you in '07-'08. Your "Never really got good" lead guitar was awesome back then.