pitbull guitars

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

SimpleSi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 116 times

pitbull guitars

Post by SimpleSi »

anyone used these before?

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/

I see it show up on Facebook all the time as a sponsored add - that place that you sell things for more on. :lol:

They have some decent looking DIY kits - they're all Chinese made, hence the low price tags. but they have their own forum and quite a following with some decent reviews and apparently good QC.

I'd be keen for a hollow body kit for my next build - as it would be a lot cheaper, and upgrading the hardware is pretty cheap.
Instagram: @simonperssonmusic www.Simonperssonmusic.com
Guitars: Duesenberg Julia, DIY Duesenberg Walnut Caribou, DIY Custom Strat, Duesenberg Tom Bukovac Session man Starplayer TV, PRS SE Silver Sky, Maton ECW80C Acoustic, Duesenberg Paloma

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Re: pitbull guitars

Post by Jay »

At first glance, poor quality. Re 335 - Don't like the look of the tuner holes, pickup cutouts, spotty tuners, nut slots too deep. Hard to say what quality timber they would have used. But hey, it probably finishes up nicely and you don't have too spend 100 hours plus in the workshop to make one. Go and get one and let us all know how you fare.
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

look like the typical saga kits, somusic/lenker do them over here. Haven't looked into them, though Adrian reckoned they were shite. haha hoisted on my own petard again somusic is 's0music' with the zero swapped for an o
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

the pitbull forum looks like its full of noobs
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

yoggo
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by yoggo »

Hey all, I've got one of these kits (not pitbull but a different Oz supplier) about to get underway, and I don't think I'd 100% recommend it if you're after a cheap 335. It's got too many oddities for it to be properly kosher: the neck joint doesn't have the correct tenon - it's the same width as the neck all the way down; the bridge hole spacing is 72mm not 74mm so if you want to fit a quality bridge you'll have to file the slots out; the nut width is a gnats whisker over 42mm. But the least good part is that the neck pocket is a bit deep and looks like it could really do with a shim:

I'm sure I'm going to get something playable at the other end, but it would have been cheaper to get a low end aria or washburn.

Lostininverness
Gibson
Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by Lostininverness »

Tenon width can be same as neck - PRS style. Its a way I've done it and it works fine. Tenon usually extends under the neck pup though gives more gluing surface. So if you have that should be ok. How's the bridge location? Good luck!

Spykerwolf
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Spykerwolf »

Bump, anyone else used these guys? Tempted to make a white Buckethead les paul replica guitar

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

Spykerwolf wrote:Bump, anyone else used these guys? Tempted to make a white Buckethead les paul replica guitar
Me wanty a Buckethead replica too.. killswitch and all.

Optical
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 142 times

Post by Optical »

I built one of their LP kits last year. It came out pretty good tbh, I didnt have any issues with the kit
The neck is nice, pretty slim, very similar if not the same as an ESP eclipse
No real issues with the hardware, but upgrading all of it would be worthwhile. I put hipshot tuners and a Tusq nut on and called it a day.