Epiphone Les Paul hard case

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Re: Epiphone Les Paul hard case

Post by JHorner »

codedog wrote:Just got a call from TJ, after he managed to get hold of the distributor. Yup, it's meant to come with a case! Hurray! They have no idea about the strap locks though. To be honest I wouldn't use it anyway so I'm not going to bother pushing for that. It's probably meant to come with other case candies but I'm too tired to bother chasing anything else up. Not 100% perfect resolution but close enough for practical purposes.
Good stuff! Now you send an email that says "hey when you send it you can put 3 packs of regular slinkys in the case to say sorry for the mistake right? Come on!"

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1635 times
Been liked: 1302 times

Post by Jay »

I hope RS Dave reads this thread as that store manager needs a spanking. You expect him to know his stuff and not fob a customer off.

Everyone makes mistakes, there appeared plenty of time for them to check things out, but they chose not to follow up on your concerns. Only when you pushed really hard they start looking. I hate that kind of 'customer service'
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by JHorner »

Everyone fucks up. It's facing it and putting it right that matters. Yeah man they owe you a case and compensation.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 973 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

JHorner wrote:Everyone fucks up. It's facing it and putting it right that matters. Yeah man they owe you a case and compensation.
Why compensation?
If they honour the case then alls good in the hood
It's not like it's really come to too much effort to resolve the issue and to be asking for freebies is fucking cheeky tbh.
Mistakes happen and it looks like it's all on the right path to being sorted.
:mental:

harveysj
Squier
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by harveysj »

Thats a bid sad really. I had the same experience with them. I bought an Epiphone masterbilt acoustic when they first came out, all the information online said they came with a case, even had a picture, it was a nice blue with the masterbilt logo if i remember correctly. I bought online because we don't have a rock shop locally (or even close). It arrived in a cardboard box and i remember thinking thats strange, rang the rockshop and they swore black and blue that it didn't come with a case and what i read online was an error.
Last edited by harveysj on Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

Olderama wrote:
JHorner wrote:Everyone fucks up. It's facing it and putting it right that matters. Yeah man they owe you a case and compensation.
Why compensation?
If they honour the case then alls good in the hood
It's not like it's really come to too much effort to resolve the issue and to be asking for freebies is fucking cheeky tbh.
Mistakes happen and it looks like it's all on the right path to being sorted.
Agree with this, they got it wrong, and yeah you had to push to get it right, but in the end they made good. Shit happens, people fuck up, if they own it and fix it then all good.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3493 times
Been liked: 1088 times

Post by codedog »

A couple of things still niggle at me. I got a reply from the store manager... around 2 hours after TJ had called me to confirm it was meant to come with a case. In that email he still insisted it was not meant to come with a case, but, he would like to look after me and give me a case for free. In my original email I mentioned that I've been dealing with TJ on this enquiry. One would think the manager would get details on the enquiry from TJ and follow up accordingly. In the ideal situation these things would be recorded against my record so anyone can get up to speed. Then again, I know what IT situation is like in the retail world. This is probably asking too much. To give them the benefit of the doubt I guess TJ could've gone home, was busy or otherwise not accessible for other reasons.

I agree with the comments that compensation is not necessary. They sorted it out eventually, even with differing reasons. When I get the case in my delicate little hands I will be happy enough with the outcome and go back to doodling badly on my new gat.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 973 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

codedog wrote:A couple of things still niggle at me. I got a reply from the store manager... around 2 hours after TJ had called me to confirm it was meant to come with a case. In that email he still insisted it was not meant to come with a case, but, he would like to look after me and give me a case for free. In my original email I mentioned that I've been dealing with TJ on this enquiry. One would think the manager would get details on the enquiry from TJ and follow up accordingly. In the ideal situation these things would be recorded against my record so anyone can get up to speed. Then again, I know what IT situation is like in the retail world. This is probably asking too much. To give them the benefit of the doubt I guess TJ could've gone home, was busy or otherwise not accessible for other reasons.

I agree with the comments that compensation is not necessary. They sorted it out eventually, even with differing reasons. When I get the case in my delicate little hands I will be happy enough with the outcome and go back to doodling badly on my new gat.
welcome to the forum :)
photos of the new gat please :thumbup:
:mental:

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 251 times

Post by Capt. Black »

@codedog

Good that they're getting a case sorted for you. If you don't mind, I'd like to pass the basics of your situation to one of the overall store managers that I'm friends with.
This is a similar situation to one he helped me with a few months back. $4k amp purchased with. No box and cobbled together accessories. One call from him and the store dug out all the right bits from their back room storage. It's apparently a common problem.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Capt. Black wrote:@codedog

Good that they're getting a case sorted for you. If you don't mind, I'd like to pass the basics of your situation to one of the overall store managers that I'm friends with.
This is a similar situation to one he helped me with a few months back. $4k amp purchased with. No box and cobbled together accessories. One call from him and the store dug out all the right bits from their back room storage. It's apparently a common problem.
yeah when I got my jet city it didn't even have a power cable in the box :wtf:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Capt. Black wrote:@codedog

You may certainly show him this thread. However, I would hate for him to misinterpret anything from this thread. I am very happy to pass along the email thread I have, and even happier to talk to him directly if it's any easier. Anything to make this type of problem less common!

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Olderama wrote: welcome to the forum :)
photos of the new gat please :thumbup:
Thanks for the welcome. I'll do it tomorrow... when the missus is out. I'd rather avoid the need to utter "Oh? This old thing?" :lol:

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Lovely Bernese.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Rog wrote:Lovely Bernese.
Cheers mate. He died last year so I made these to remember him. Will make one for the new gat too.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Yeah I guess we all do the 'this old thing' one, eh ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.