Classical love

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

telefiend
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 109 times

Classical love

Post by telefiend »

Any nylon string players here? I just picked up an old Japanese-made Yamaha and it's made me very happy. Was tossing up whether to go with something expensive and Spanish, but in the end decided to go with this to dip my toes in. Also, it's all rad and beat-up.

Anyway, show me what you've got!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Re: Classical love

Post by Slowy »

Nothing at the moment. Keep looking at the Matsuokas that come up but keep bumping it down the list. Last one was a Cedar/ Rosewood Takamine. Lovely build, played nicely, about as much personality as an IRD inspector. We divorced.
I've met a couple of Ramirez that really ruined me for much else but they're very $$$'y.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

I flirt with classical guitar, it is a nice diversion. I used to have a Japanese Yamaha, they are nice. I borrowed a friend's Rod Capper recently and now every other classical guitar I try sounds like it is under water.

telefiend
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by telefiend »

I think it's a good thing that I haven't played anything like a Ramirez :lol: I'll loiter in the cheap leagues for as long as possible.

Good thing about the Yamaha - it's all laminate. Very hard to mess up. Still sounds nice despite this too.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 227 times

Post by Delayman »

I went through a long nylon string phase but hardly touch them now. Have an S.Yairi that's nice. I say nylon string because I didn't do anything classical.
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

I have a budget Ibanez that punches above its weight. I just noodle and play Dee - badly. Replaced the D string months ago. Still hasn't streched-in... :-(

sakuarius102
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by sakuarius102 »

telefiend wrote:Any nylon string players here? I just picked up an old Japanese-made Yamaha and it's made me very happy. Was tossing up whether to go with something expensive and Spanish, but in the end decided to go with this to dip my toes in. Also, it's all rad and beat-up.

Anyway, show me what you've got!

Hi my friend, Yamaha has a good classical guitar with really great sound. Enjoy it :-)