Review: 2017 American Professional Stratocaster

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Review: 2017 American Professional Stratocaster

Post by Bg »

I don't get this play around limitations thing either - why on earth make it harder for yourself, but hey thats another discussion. I'll go back to playing my 57 Supro, only has 19 frets but it has real mojo ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 351 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Bg wrote:I don't get this play around limitations thing either - why on earth make it harder for yourself, but hey thats another discussion. I'll go back to playing my 57 Supro, only has 19 frets but it has real mojo ;)
You haven't forgotten my first dibs on that Supro so when you decide to 'upgrade' to a 2017 American Strat I'm in for the win, have you? :lol:
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

19 frets? What happened, they have a left over banjo neck or something lying round and decided to knock up a 'lectric geetar like all the kids were playin'?

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

WellyBlues wrote:
Bg wrote:I don't get this play around limitations thing either - why on earth make it harder for yourself, but hey thats another discussion. I'll go back to playing my 57 Supro, only has 19 frets but it has real mojo ;)
You haven't forgotten my first dibs on that Supro so when you decide to 'upgrade' to a 2017 American Strat I'm in for the win, have you? :lol:
Pay 3k for a strat ? That's just taking the piss lol
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

null_pointer wrote:19 frets? What happened, they have a left over banjo neck or something lying round and decided to knock up a 'lectric geetar like all the kids were playin'?
Dude this neck is no kiddie neck, it's more like a tree trunk. Nothing worth playing up the dusty end anyway....

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

Bg wrote:
null_pointer wrote:19 frets? What happened, they have a left over banjo neck or something lying round and decided to knock up a 'lectric geetar like all the kids were playin'?
Dude this neck is no kiddie neck, it's more like a tree trunk. Nothing worth playing up the dusty end anyway....
Then you'll be more than ready to 'Keef' the first sucker that tries to hug the singer

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Bg wrote:I don't get this play around limitations thing either - why on earth make it harder for yourself,
You've been playing long enough to know the answer to this so I'll assume you're trolling. Nevertheless...

You're not deliberately making it harder for yourself. It's sometimes just part of the package that comes with a particular spec guitar and it's sometimes preference. If there was such a thing as an optimum specification we'd all be using it, but we're not. Not everybody likes feather-light strings, low action and shitloads of gain but some do. I took the action up on my PRS the other day for no other reason than that I prefer it that way. I play with more precision if I've the right degree of resistance, and it aids string bending (tucking under).I've arrived at my set-up preferences after forty-plus years of playing and I'm happy with them.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

raising the action isn't really working around a limitation, you simply have a preference for a higher action - in that way you're making it easier for yourself. If you like a vintage strat body but you don't like vintage strat necks, simply buy a new neck to your spec from warmoth, ebay etc, job done. *shrugs*

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Bg wrote:raising the action isn't really working around a limitation, you simply have a preference for a higher action - in that way you're making it easier for yourself. If you like a vintage strat body but you don't like vintage strat necks, simply buy a new neck to your spec from warmoth, ebay etc, job done. *shrugs*
Oh, FFS. I don't know if you're getting this or not but fuck it. Who cares...

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

:crybaby:
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Molly wrote:
Bg wrote:raising the action isn't really working around a limitation, you simply have a preference for a higher action - in that way you're making it easier for yourself. If you like a vintage strat body but you don't like vintage strat necks, simply buy a new neck to your spec from warmoth, ebay etc, job done. *shrugs*
Oh, FFS. I don't know if you're getting this or not but fuck it. Who cares...
:grump: clearly I'm not, but there you go. You talked about limitations then you talk about action.... don't bother answering, I don't particularly think your reply was deserved but there you go.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 351 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Here's some more info on the new range plus some demo vids, from Music Radar:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/ ... ses-645753

some of you might find it helpful.Seems Shaw has had a bit to do with the new pickups.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

sakuarius102
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by sakuarius102 »

GrantB wrote:This is from the Fender site - still say Made in USA? When zoomed...copy n paste into a browser.
Isn't a original strato??. Well she looks really nice. The bridge, tuners, colours of sunburst...all for me look perfect.