HNTD (x2)

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

HNTD (x2)

Post by Molly »

Picked up the second of two cheap Teles today. The first one (gold '52 style) is an All Parts jobbie that I got via TM the other week for $650. The other came via Troy (2-sassey) for $800. It's a Warmoth Cabronita style with TV Jones pickups and an old, rather cool-looking, Bigsby and a nice fat neck.

Quite enjoying the fun-to-cost ratio of these guitars. They don't feel at all like a compromise. Certainly no less a guitar than the AVRI Tele I sold a few weeks ago. Anyway, just thought I'd share:

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 410 times

Re: HNTD (x2)

Post by null_pointer »

The Warmoth is a great guitar if you like your necks with a bit of girth! I imported this originally 3 years ago from Aus, and the guy I bought it off had used the bigsby off his '68 deluxe tele for this build (allegedly) and I have no reason to doubt him.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

null_pointer wrote:The Warmoth is a great guitar if you like your necks with a bit of girth! I imported this originally 3 years ago from Aus, and the guy I bought it off had used the bigsby off his '68 deluxe tele for this build (allegedly) and I have no reason to doubt him.
Cool. Think I did know this'd been your one. Troy described the neck as a 'baseball bat' but to me it just feels as it should. The Nocaster had a monster of a neck (I suspect a bit bigger than this) so maybe that's why I like it.

You've no idea how many times I've revisited your current listings by the way...

crowbgood1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 347 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by crowbgood1 »

Nice looking guitars. Are the tv pups all they are cracked up to be? I have a hollow body that I'm contemplating upgrading.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

crowbgood1 wrote:Nice looking guitars. Are the tv pups all they are cracked up to be? I have a hollow body that I'm contemplating upgrading.
I'm not sure what they're cracked-up to be. Honestly. It's the first guitar I've ever owned that has these pickups.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 934 times

Post by Reg18 »

I remember trying to get some money together for that red Cabronita when Null Pointer was selling it a few years ago, still love it but no room for another guitar these days. It's a lot of guitar for $800 though!

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Molly wrote:
crowbgood1 wrote:Nice looking guitars. Are the tv pups all they are cracked up to be? I have a hollow body that I'm contemplating upgrading.
I'm not sure what they're cracked-up to be. Honestly. It's the first guitar I've ever owned that has these pickups.
Well, just to say the pickups are fucking wonderful. A few hours in now and tried it through four different amps. Don't know where to begin really. They just sound wonderful. I think you could play any style of music on this guitar (mind you, I often think that about a regular Tele - because it's true) and not find it lacking.

Just going to put fresh strings on and go back for more. :-)

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Oh, Lordy... Mrs and kids went out so I made a shitload of noise. After a few hours of Marshall, Boogie, Roland, Boogie, Marshall, I thought I should give the Two Rock a run. Fuck me sideways... Clean amp my arse. And the sheer dimension. It sounds huge I tell thee!

After a bit something vibrated off the shelf behind me so I figured I should call it a day but that was a fuckload of tonegasm.

That is all. I'm having a cuppa and a calm-down now. :-)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7728 times
Been liked: 4170 times

Post by jeremyb »

Yup, filtertron pickups are the dogs bollocks, can do anything with them!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

jeremyb wrote:Yup, filtertron pickups are the dogs bollocks, can do anything with them!
Except mow the lawn but I'm sure the Mrs will understand. :-)

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 739 times
Been liked: 512 times

Post by Zaulkin »

What are the frets like on the on the gold one? Decent sized neck? Looks nice.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Yeah that gold one looks spiffing. Would like to dibs, but no money until the JS moves.
Loving it so far

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Zaulkin wrote:What are the frets like on the on the gold one? Decent sized neck? Looks nice.
Thinner frets on the gold one. 7.25" radius. Was originally another baseball bat but the owner had the neck reprofiled to more of a modern C. It's a nice, light guitar. One of those that really rings acoustically. Two piece ash body. CS pickup in the bridge is toppy as hell though. Planning a new set for it but not sure what. Maybe Bare Knuckle 'The Boss'.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Bet they'll sound good through the new amp! Really love the look of that Cabronita, it's stunning.

LucyTheSpud
Squier
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 48 times

Post by LucyTheSpud »

Damn. I do love a good Cabronita. Good score!