Tell us about your one favourite guitar

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Jellybelly
PRS
PRS
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 113 times

Re: Tell us about your one favourite guitar

Post by Jellybelly »

Sorry the pic is so small. Buggered if I know what the hell I am doing ....
File to big then to small.
Oh yes the SG say no more:silent:

thegreengod
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by thegreengod »

GrantB wrote:
thegreengod wrote:
Id have to sell everything I have to get a '59 Les Paul haha I do have a '60 Les Paul does that count? Both pickups have been rewound and a volume knob has been replaced so not all original anymore but im quickly like that i like players guitar not museum pieces. :lol:
Close enough. Who did the rewind? Early or late 60? Cherry soda or tomato soup? What's the circumference of the Earth? Photo's!!!!!!!!!!
Its early 60's as it doesnt have the reflector knobs yet and the neck is not very slim. Its it in the middle. Not fatty but I do love the fatties. Rewound was done by senor Seymour Duncan in the 90s. Alas no flame, i know you guys love the ones with flame. The tuners has been replaced by repro tuners and doesnt have original case. I do swap it around with the goldtops case when I do. And if anyone ask at a gig what year? I reply a 96! They lose interest after wards. Keeps the wolves at bay Haha
Last edited by thegreengod on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And then everyone said, "Jabroni!"

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

thegreengod wrote:
20937822_1553515371337174_713328399_n.jpg
GrantB wrote:
thegreengod wrote:
Id have to sell everything I have to get a '59 Les Paul haha I do have a '60 Les Paul does that count? Both pickups have been rewound and a volume knob has been replaced so not all original anymore but im quickly like that i like players guitar not museum pieces. :lol:
Close enough. Who did the rewind? Early or late 60? Cherry soda or tomato soup? What's the circumference of the Earth? Photo's!!!!!!!!!!
Its early 60's as it doesnt have the reflector knobs yet and the neck is not very slim. Its it in the middle. Not fatty but I do love the fatties. Rewound was done by senor Seymour Duncan in the 90s. Alas no flame, i know you guys love the ones with flame. The tuners has been replaced by repro tuners and doesnt have original case. I do swap it around with the goldtops case when I do. And if anyone ask at a gig what year? I reply a 96! They lose interest after wards. Keeps the wolves at bay Haha
Flame is gross (to me). That is not gross. That is proper sexy.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

HackSaw wrote: Flame is gross (to me). That is not gross. That is proper sexy.
agree this is sexy. Flame is subtle enough to not be bling like a PRS :mrgreen:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

thegreengod wrote:
GrantB wrote:
thegreengod wrote:
I'm glad to decided to come fully out ! So, gearfest near you next. I don't care where it is in NZ or Aus for that matter, I'll be there!
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

My god you lot are like gushing girlies lol :)
:mental:

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

GrantB wrote:
thegreengod wrote:
Grant. Breathe.
Good. Now exhale.
Excellent. Repeat.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

I prefer plain (with grain) tops over flame, thats one perfect LP there.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Slowy wrote: Good. Now exhale.
Excellent. Repeat.
I wonder if his wife is standing over him saying the same thing :rofl:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

thegreengod wrote:
GrantB wrote:
thegreengod wrote: Image
Does it play The Green Manalishi Mr GreenGod?

When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Olderama wrote:My god you lot are like gushing girlies lol :)
Attachments
IMG_0094.JPG
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

thegreengod
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by thegreengod »

jvpp wrote:
thegreengod wrote:
GrantB wrote:
Does it play The Green Manalishi Mr GreenGod?

Its the first song to be played nothing less. That riff is tailored for Les Pauls...
And then everyone said, "Jabroni!"

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Oh well, here I am off to play a big gig with my stupid R9 and 335.... :cry: :mental:

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 376 times

Post by Dharmajester »

thegreengod wrote:
Goldtop.jpg
The first guitar Grand dad ever bought with his GI bill after getting out of the service. Bequeathed to me after he passed away. A good talented buddy in the states played it for two years on some recordings and on tour. I wanted it played hard and toured. Now shes back played occasionally as she's still a work of art. With factory original bigsby and bowtie bridge. No need for introduction. Y'all know what it is. One of only 3 50s LP I own.I mainly play its ugly stepsister the white LP/SG. Thank God its good weather today to bring it out. Now unlesh your inner Neil Young :lol: thats it for now.
This would be my favourite guitar.

If I hadn't sold it. :roll:

55 all gold.
Acquired from the dubious Mr Harrison from Music Ground a couple of days after a Texas guitar show where he had no doubt bought it for substantialy less.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Dharmajester wrote: Acquired from the dubious Mr Harrison from Music Ground...
Of Doncaster? There was a guy with a reputation... I got my Steinberger from there so probably paid too much. Tried to sell me a guitar he insisted had been played by Joe Perry in the 'Walk This Way' video. Except the one in the video was black and the one in the shop was white...