Tell us about your one favourite guitar

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

thegreengod
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Tell us about your one favourite guitar

Post by thegreengod »

The first guitar Grand dad ever bought with his GI bill after getting out of the service. Bequeathed to me after he passed away. A good talented buddy in the states played it for two years on some recordings and on tour. I wanted it played hard and toured. Now shes back played occasionally as she's still a work of art. With factory original bigsby and bowtie bridge. No need for introduction. Y'all know what it is. One of only 3 50s LP I own.I mainly play its ugly stepsister the white LP/SG. Thank God its good weather today to bring it out. Now unlesh your inner Neil Young :lol: thats it for now.
Last edited by thegreengod on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And then everyone said, "Jabroni!"

thegreengod
Stagg
Stagg

Post by thegreengod »

GrantB wrote:
thegreengod wrote:Out of storage for you Senors! Old friends 1956 and 1961 Fender Stratocasters..
Is that a factory original finish on the '61?

So, these guitars are all in NZ? Want to do museum together...?

Yes and Yes Sir its factory original. Sadly the case isnt. It was like that when I got it and Im never too fuzzed about the case as long as it fits well and protects it. When Im next up north we shall do a museum like type. Or like that Seven Decades thing they are doing in the UK. :thumbup:

thegreengod
Stagg
Stagg

Post by thegreengod »

AiRdAd wrote:yes - definitely do your own thread with lots of pics and info!

P.S.S Have you received a marriage proposal from any of us yet?!?!?!?!?! hahahahaha
haha just glad to met fellow people as crazy as me. For awhile I was the resident crazy dude constantly defending the question How many guitars does a man need lol...I dont have alot really to warrant my own thread. Ill leave that to you my good Sir's. You have to forgive my photography skills all done with a phone Im afraid not quite good with it yet. :roll:

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

thegreengod wrote:
Goldtop.jpg
The first guitar Grand dad ever bought with his GI bill after getting out of the service. Bequeathed to me after he passed away. A good talented buddy in the states played it for two years on some recordings and on tour. I wanted it played hard and toured. Now shes back played occasionally as she's still a work of art. With factory original bigsby and bowtie bridge. No need for introduction. Y'all know what it is. One of only 3 50s LP I own. I mainly play its ugly stepsister the white LP/SG. Now unlesh your inner Neil Young :lol: thats it for now.
I dunno WTF is going on here...I'm waiting for the '59 Les Paul.... :winky:
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 416 times
Been liked: 1016 times

Post by bender »

thegreengod wrote:
Goldtop.jpg
The first guitar Grand dad ever bought with his GI bill after getting out of the service. Bequeathed to me after he passed away. A good talented buddy in the states played it for two years on some recordings and on tour. I wanted it played hard and toured. Now shes back played occasionally as she's still a work of art. With factory original bigsby and bowtie bridge. No need for introduction. Y'all know what it is. One of only 3 50s LP I own.I mainly play its ugly stepsister the white LP/SG. Thank God its good weather today to bring it out. Now unlesh your inner Neil Young :lol: thats it for now.
Fuck.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

thegreengod wrote: I am living in Hotel Illness Mr. Grant :lol:
I believe you have it worse than I...which is comforting. The only gentlemanly thing I can offer to do is to equalise the condition somewhat between us by taking receipt from you some of those symptom-inducing pieces of wood.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 698 times

Post by AiRdAd »

hang on... hang on... hang on... has anyone here considered the possibility that JB has created a new user name and is pranking us!!!! :-)
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

thegreengod
Stagg
Stagg

Post by thegreengod »

GrantB wrote:
thegreengod wrote:
Goldtop.jpg
The first guitar Grand dad ever bought with his GI bill after getting out of the service. Bequeathed to me after he passed away. A good talented buddy in the states played it for two years on some recordings and on tour. I wanted it played hard and toured. Now shes back played occasionally as she's still a work of art. With factory original bigsby and bowtie bridge. No need for introduction. Y'all know what it is. One of only 3 50s LP I own. I mainly play its ugly stepsister the white LP/SG. Now unlesh your inner Neil Young :lol: thats it for now.
I dunno WTF is going on here...I'm waiting for the '59 Les Paul.... :winky:
Id have to sell everything I have to get a '59 Les Paul haha I do have a '60 Les Paul does that count? Both pickups have been rewound and a volume knob has been replaced so not all original anymore but im quickly like that i like players guitar not museum pieces. :lol:

thegreengod
Stagg
Stagg

Post by thegreengod »

AiRdAd wrote:hang on... hang on... hang on... has anyone here considered the possibility that JB has created a new user name and is pranking us!!!! :-)

Im not quite as rich as JB. Im just a ( sings Lynrd Skynrd's - SIMPLE MAN)..... :lol:

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

thegreengod wrote:
Id have to sell everything I have to get a '59 Les Paul haha I do have a '60 Les Paul does that count? Both pickups have been rewound and a volume knob has been replaced so not all original anymore but im quickly like that i like players guitar not museum pieces. :lol:
Close enough. Who did the rewind? Early or late 60? Cherry soda or tomato soup? What's the circumference of the Earth? Photo's!!!!!!!!!!

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1210 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

I feel a bit sick, green with envy.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7742 times
Been liked: 4186 times

Post by jeremyb »

thegreengod wrote:
AiRdAd wrote:hang on... hang on... hang on... has anyone here considered the possibility that JB has created a new user name and is pranking us!!!! :-)

Im not quite as rich as JB. Im just a ( sings Lynrd Skynrd's - SIMPLE MAN)..... :lol:
LOL he means me, and it's been ages since I've logged in as someone else for shits and giggles :lol:

On an american motorcycle forum I used to be on I used to have multiple users who would argue against each other and the rednecks would love the ones who agreed with me and then slowly I started getting them to agree with me on stuff, they'd lose the plot over someone changing their opinion :mrgreen:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

I've been Bg for months

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

Maybe he meant Joe Bonamassa?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7742 times
Been liked: 4186 times

Post by jeremyb »

GrantB wrote:Maybe he meant Joe Bonamassa?
I don't think Danny did :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.