Importer code? Bringing new guitar in

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: Importer code? Bringing new guitar in

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

jeremyb wrote:
Molly wrote:
Conway wrote: You will want to be sitting down and draw a deep breath before you look at the NGD photos of this one, Molly. Believe me!
Oh...

Dibs!

:-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I bet you won't say that when you see it!
Diamante encrusted Hello Kitty?

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by Kiwiaxe »

jeremyb wrote:I'll give you a hint: https://strandbergguitars.com/boden-prog/
This is correct.

Funny story though. They sent me the wrong colour. So I'm arranging for it to be sent back to get the correct one! They are picking up the shipping costs (of course) but shit its going to hurt them because that's about £300 for the there and back.

Actually, maybe I should propose to them they refund me that much and I keep the wrong colour...

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Is it blue?
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Kiwiaxe wrote:
jeremyb wrote:I'll give you a hint: https://strandbergguitars.com/boden-prog/
This is correct.

Funny story though. They sent me the wrong colour. So I'm arranging for it to be sent back to get the correct one! They are picking up the shipping costs (of course) but shit its going to hurt them because that's about £300 for the there and back.

Actually, maybe I should propose to them they refund me that much and I keep the wrong colour...
No. Propose to them that they give you a discount for your trouble and get what you wanted in the first place.

Un-dibs by the way... LOL. Not 'old curmudgeon' enough for me.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

You could always get yourself a Grote Molly! http://www.guitar-sphere.com/2016/10/re ... berg-copy/
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

jeremyb wrote:You could always get yourself a Grote Molly! http://www.guitar-sphere.com/2016/10/re ... berg-copy/
No. And no.

Guitar and amp development peaked about fifty years ago an' I don't need no goddam commie, metric, new-fangled know nothin', un-American geetar an' 'modelling amp' comin' over here tryin' to change somethin' that ain't broken. Y'hear!

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by Kiwiaxe »

Molly you would appreciate a fellow I know (a Texan so you need to factor in his accent) who described my 7 string Strandberg as "four kinds of fucked" - based on 1. The body shape; 2. The enduro neck (google it); 3. The fan frets and 4. The 7th string :)

But it's quite stunning to play! As was the (wrong) 6 string one they delivered. But they are suited to a "technical" approach rather than plain old RAWK

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Kiwiaxe wrote:Molly you would appreciate a fellow I know (a Texan so you need to factor in his accent) who described my 7 string Strandberg as "four kinds of fucked" - based on 1. The body shape; 2. The enduro neck (google it); 3. The fan frets and 4. The 7th string :)

But it's quite stunning to play! As was the (wrong) 6 string one they delivered. But they are suited to a "technical" approach rather than plain old RAWK
Closest I've owned was a Steinberger and that was a great guitar. That was only, maybe, two kinds of fucked. ;-)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1010 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

Just noticed this is made by World Musical Instruments who also make the SE range for PRS. They make some nice stuff!
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.