Abasi Guitars

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Re: Abasi Guitars

Post by willow13 »

jeremyb wrote:
willow13 wrote:
jeremyb wrote:I really like them, but I'm a big fan of ergonomic guitars, I think these look awesome and I'd love a 6 string one :)
the look of them for me is ok, have seen a lot worse. The issue I have is the price point they are talking about. I think Ola's are half the price aren't they? For their target market it seems they are limiting sales potential....mind you all his fans are probably rich IT capitalists anyway....they love that "math" guitar thing :rofl:
Ola's are just a basic super strat which can be churned out by the ton by existing factories, Tosin's require way more human intervention, they're more of a custom build that just happens to use CNC to maintain precise dimensionality of parts :)
ok

:rofl:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Plus check out the price of the fishman fluence pickups!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Well I’m gonna go against the grain... I dig those guitars. Kinda bit like Plini’s ones but on a grander scale :-)

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

They're really interesting looking guitars. I've never seen on a guitar is a two piece neck, joined down the middle like that. Is that something new? I wonder what the reason for doing that is?

They're growing on me too!
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

REALLY like this re-envisoned tele!

Marson
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Marson »

Great sound! Color me impressed!

synchromesh
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by synchromesh »

I like how Tosin has incorporated ideas from the guitars Rick Toone and Ola Strandberg made for him. I would like to ask him whether he ever wanted to include a neck profile like either Rick's Advantage/IPNP or Ola's EndurNeck.

I actually got the chance to ask Tosin why he didn't play Toone's "Sketch" guitar more often, and he said (IIRC) that it actually had tuning stability issues under the stage lights. But the fact that it's only a seven-string probably had as much to do with it. Who knows.