Fender American Original Series

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Glacial Pace
Tokai
Tokai
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Fender American Original Series

Post by Glacial Pace »

Think it's a shame that all the 60's teles have double bound body's. I always think of the tele as being a no nonsense guitar and don't think the binding matches that. Love it on a Les Paul custom though.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 807 times
Been liked: 1295 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Glacial Pace wrote:Think it's a shame that all the 60's teles have double bound body's. I always think of the tele as being a no nonsense guitar and don't think the binding matches that. Love it on a Les Paul custom though.
Yes i do like the simplicity of a tele too but I have to say a double bound 62 tele with the right aged white/cream body binding and a rosewood board and a nice burst is hard to beat.

sunburster
Squier
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by sunburster »

Glacial Pace wrote:Think it's a shame that all the 60's teles have double bound body's. I always think of the tele as being a no nonsense guitar and don't think the binding matches that. Love it on a Les Paul custom though.
I don't like the look or the feel. The binding has a sharper edge that really digs into my arm, even more than a normal Tele. I've sold off Teles with binding just because they were so uncomfortable to play.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

tubeswell wrote:I liked the Am Vintage Series tho'. Loved the vintage frets, neck radius, pups, finish etc, Was nice to think I could buy a vintage spec guitar (once in a blue moon). Disappointed that they've discontinued it. The Vintage Series gats will become harder to acquire.
Bodes well if I hang onto my 2013 AVRI62 then. Nice.
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

LucyTheSpud
Squier
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 48 times

Post by LucyTheSpud »

StrummersOfThunder wrote:
Yes i do like the simplicity of a tele too but I have to say a double bound 62 tele with the right aged white/cream body binding and a rosewood board and a nice burst is hard to beat.
Got quote excited when i saw double bound and nitro. Shame about the lack of vintage style 7.25 necks, or a maple option. Bummer.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 351 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Shit that Tele demo was annoying. Too much reverb and effects. Didn't get to hear the natural clean sound. I hate that with demos. The Strat one was much better in that regard. the 50s Tele does look interesting.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

I'd love to have a gold Strat. And I'm a '57 Goldtop fanboi as well.
Don't understand this gold obsession; doesn't infect any other area of my life.
" Dunno what it is but I like it..."
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

telefiend
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by telefiend »

Ditto. Not a fan of gold at all in general, but a gold strat or LP would be just fine with me.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

yeah yeah, I already know that slowly has a gold toilet ;)

So his al fresco peeing is very bizarre!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.