Belated NGD • MIJ 1980 Tokai Les Paul Reborn Old LS60

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Belated NGD • MIJ 1980 Tokai Les Paul Reborn Old LS60

Post by Mini Forklift »

Got this a couple of months ago and forgot to share it on here. I'm now the lucky owner of a pretty rare guitar, produced for only six months during 1980 at the pinnacle of Tokai's workmanship (the last of the handbuilt Tokai's before they switched to CNC in 1981). It's the same model as this one for anyone interested in the specs:

https://reverb.com/nz/item/5371723-1980 ... y-sunburst

In amazing condition for a near 40 year old guitar, came with the OHSC and looks like it's hardly been out of it :clap:

From Wikipedia: "There is a major exception to this in that some "Reborn Olds" (very rare) and "Love Rock" models have inked serial numbers on the reverse of the headstock (often referred to as "Inkies"). These guitars are, it is generally agreed, from 1980 (00xxxxx and 01xxxxx) and 1981 (11xxxxx) although there are those who would disagree with this."

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Re: Belated NGD • MIJ 1980 Tokai Les Paul Reborn Old LS60

Post by Single coil »

OM NOM NOM
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Single coil wrote:OM NOM NOM
Photos don't do it justice, they also seem to make the burst appear harsher than it actually is. The grain running through the front of the body is lovely, it's certainly ageing nicely. I like the way the aniline dye has given the binding an almost burnt cream look, same as on my Dad's cherry red Gibson ES355 :thumbup:

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

If we get JamFest happening bring that as TG will be salivating.

Nice one!
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish