Gretsch Truss Rod Help Needed

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

robnobcorncob
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 103 times

Re: Gretsch Truss Rod Help Needed

Post by robnobcorncob »

Japanese standard series Gretsches are great instruments, so it's likely to be a relatively straightforward or minor issue.

Having said that, these problems are hard to diagnose via the internet so it's best you take it to someone who is experienced who can give you an expert opinion after viewing it in person. It may be one of those "I can't believe I didn't get this fixed sooner" type of situations that is a small problem creating a seemingly large issue as GrantB suggests.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

sunburster wrote:
GrantB wrote:This is a 3 minute job to assess the situation and probably a 5 minute job to rectify. Chill and get someone to look at it. Even if it has high frets here and there it’s a simple fix. That’s Unlikely, but I’m trying to provide you with some context here. I’ve never worked on a neck I couldnt make right.
Some necks warp/twist, others are so bent one way or the other that the truss rod cannot straighten them so they require a reset (costly, time-intensive, no guarantee of success). Sometimes the truss rod is dysfunctional and requires replacing (also very costly).

Just saying it isn't always so easy.
I understand those things can happen. But before the speculation drives you nuts, just get someone who knows what they're doing to look at it. Work through to a fact based position and then decide your options.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Danban
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Danban »

Thanks for the response guys, someone is going to take a look at it tomorrow for me.

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by mrmofo »

I was thinking: only a couple of frets with buzz, its a Gretch, maybe you got a good one
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.