The 'traders to avoid' thread

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3909 times

Re: The 'traders to avoid' thread

Post by Bg »

I think we moved it because it was a bit fucked up. Be good to have a sober reflection from both parties though.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1360 times
Been liked: 2098 times

Post by GrantB »

kiwiblues from Gisborne - his name is Steve. Purchased a vintage guitar from me. Got it and said it had a scratchy pot. I arranged to have it fixed. That wasn’t good enough. The guitar had more nicks and dings on than he’d realised old guitars would have. Went on and on, I had to call him out for threatening me. It was simply buyers regret and he was totally inexperienced with old guitars. I sold it 12 months later for 50% more again. I win.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3909 times

Post by Bg »

scratchy pot? You're a bad person...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

chrisbower
Squier
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by chrisbower »

Dylan.

Received guitar totally not as described and refused to make little if any contact post purchase to resolve the issue. Refer to my 'Musicman for PRS trade' thread for full details. Will not trade with user again.

smallface
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 271 times
Been liked: 221 times

Post by smallface »

s_cannan

Seems to think it's OK to insist on instant payment and then it takes weeks before your paid for goods arrive (because he can't be bothered sending them).

I derive a great deal of satisfaction from sniping auctions he has expressed an interest in. I will normally high 5 myself and get injured in the process.

Anything I've left out? Ah yes, he's a tool.
I climbed on the back of a giant albatross which flew through a crack in the cloud to a place where happiness reigned all year round and music played ever so loudly

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1634 times
Been liked: 1300 times

Post by Jay »

smallface wrote:s_cannan

Seems to think it's OK to insist on instant payment and then it takes weeks before your paid for goods arrive (because he can't be bothered sending them).

I derive a great deal of satisfaction from sniping auctions he has expressed an interest in. I will normally high 5 myself and get injured in the process.

His feedback totally sucks. Noticed that a CrystalPlanet guy had a good trade with him though :wink:
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 740 times
Been liked: 512 times

Post by Zaulkin »

'keynz'

This guy bought a pedal off me and had it sent to a weird address in a different name. Over a month passed, then he came back saying that the pedal had 'just arrived' and it didn't work. I could see on the tracking slip that it had arrived weeks prior, but I was silly and said that I'd take a look at the pedal in case it genuinely was me at fault. When the pedal arrived back it smelled badly of burnt electronics (even through the parcel packaging), so I can only deduce that he or his friend had blown it up and they thought I'd pay for it.

I didn't refund him but I sent the pedal back, it was clearly not my fault. Still no idea what really happened.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Zaulkin »

jvpp wrote:

His feedback totally sucks. Noticed that a CrystalPlanet guy had a good trade with him though :wink:

Hah. I just checked and he's already on my blacklist from who knows when. I actually know who this guy is and I do indeed avoid lots of his for sale posts.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3493 times
Been liked: 1088 times

Post by codedog »

Zaulkin wrote:
jvpp wrote:

Hah. I just checked and he's already on my blacklist from who knows when. I actually know who this guy is and I do indeed avoid lots of his for sale posts.
Just done a bit of detective work... the photos of s_cannan's current listing of valves are identical to the one in the NZ Guitarist FB group. Even the blurb is in line with that person's recent posts in that group. That person's FB profile is "Andy Andy". He's a guitar teacher at school. Papanui High, I think? I sold him a Digitech Polara on FB. The deal went okay. Since he was on my way home from work I dropped it off. Despite being a guitar teacher he knew nothing about pedals... asked very fundamental questions. A tad weird...

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Zaulkin »

codedog wrote: Just done a bit of detective work... the photos of s_cannan's current listing of valves are identical to the one in the NZ Guitarist FB group. Even the blurb is in line with that person's recent posts in that group. That person's FB profile is "Andy Andy". He's a guitar teacher at school. Papanui High, I think? I sold him a Digitech Polara on FB. The deal went okay. Since he was on my way home from work I dropped it off. Despite being a guitar teacher he knew nothing about pedals... asked very fundamental questions. A tad weird...
Yeah that's him. He's probably not that bad just a bit weird...

In the past I messaged him about buying his stuff, to which he agreed, then never responded.

He also brags about/talks up cheap gear that he scores and then tries to sell it 2 days later for twice the price. I have no problem with it if he wants to do that, I just think it's kind of funny and a bit off-putting for potential buyers.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3493 times
Been liked: 1088 times

Post by codedog »

Zaulkin wrote: In the past I messaged him about buying his stuff, to which he agreed, then never responded.
Yup, he did that to me too. He agreed to buy my Canyon delay... then never responded...

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

I've had a crap trade with him as well, really rude and someone I will avoid at all costs. Always see him lowballing auctions for guitars & amps, feel sorry for any traders that take him up on his offers.

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 253 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

Zaulkin wrote: "Andy Andy".

He also brags about/talks up cheap gear that he scores and then tries to sell it 2 days later for twice the price. I have no problem with it if he wants to do that, I just think it's kind of funny and a bit off-putting for potential buyers.
^ This I have seen often. He very often bypasses TM auctions to do this, gloat on the NGG+B FB group then tries to flog it an an inflated price. Often for really average, middle of the road stuff.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

Zaulkin wrote:'keynz'

This guy bought a pedal off me and had it sent to a weird address in a different name. Over a month passed, then he came back saying that the pedal had 'just arrived' and it didn't work. I could see on the tracking slip that it had arrived weeks prior, but I was silly and said that I'd take a look at the pedal in case it genuinely was me at fault. When the pedal arrived back it smelled badly of burnt electronics (even through the parcel packaging), so I can only deduce that he or his friend had blown it up and they thought I'd pay for it.

I didn't refund him but I sent the pedal back, it was clearly not my fault. Still no idea what really happened.
User name = KeyNZ

Surely rings alarm bells bro
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Zaulkin »

foal30 wrote:
User name = KeyNZ