Gimenez Guitars

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Gimenez Guitars

Post by KNNZ »

When you like the placing of tuners in a Strandberg but still want a headstock

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Re: Gimenez Guitars

Post by Single coil »

It’s a no from me
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1066 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

That's like the worst parts of many guitars assembled into a collage of bullshit.

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Same logo as Samick...
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

wow.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

With that name I thought it was going to be a nylon-string classical and was pleasantly surprised. I with the strings on the headstock were arranged like on a strat or a tele (I'd look neater) but otherwise, it looks great.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 738 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

If I was touring and owned this guitar I would call it 'Nez'. Just so I could shout 'Gimmie Nez!' at the tech.

kwhelan
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by kwhelan »

Vince wrote:With that name I thought it was going to be a nylon-string classical and was pleasantly surprised. I with the strings on the headstock were arranged like on a strat or a tele (I'd look neater) but otherwise, it looks great.
agree, a modern twist but I would be concerned about that bridge, the large fanout of the strings seems unnecessary and looks like breakage points to me and its hard to imagine the gearing on those tuners, not much purchase for the fingers

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 227 times

Post by Delayman »

I prefer the tuning pegs to be on the opposite end of the guitar to my plucking hand.
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Delayman wrote:I prefer the tuning pegs to be on the opposite end of the guitar to my plucking hand.
Having recently got a headless guitar it actually makes no difference, you pick the note, tune, pick the note, tune, I don't normally continue to pick while tuning to pitch, cause the attack changes the pitch any way :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

jeremyb wrote:
Delayman wrote:I prefer the tuning pegs to be on the opposite end of the guitar to my plucking hand.
Having recently got a headless guitar it actually makes no difference, you pick the note, tune, pick the note, tune, I don't normally continue to pick while tuning to pitch, cause the attack changes the pitch any way :)
I would see it as a similar process to when I have to adjust the fine tuners on my Floyd guitars, every 3 or 4 years or so.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

kwhelan
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by kwhelan »

except fine tuners are very low geared, tuning a full tension string can't be easy on such a small diameter knob.
good question above though, is it better to tune the attack to be right, I was never sure whether the note was actually sharp when first plucked or is it just the tuner trying to sync itself in which then settles on a constant wave out of the randomness.
if you pick/strum harder should you tune to compensate? You can get some bloody horrible pitched sounds out of a light low e string if your too enthusiastic when playing

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

I've been able to get full tension with a small diameter knob for years, without any difficulty.

Ok ok, shit joke but c'mon, it had to be made...
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

kwhelan wrote:except fine tuners are very low geared, tuning a full tension string can't be easy on such a small diameter knob.
good question above though, is it better to tune the attack to be right, I was never sure whether the note was actually sharp when first plucked or is it just the tuner trying to sync itself in which then settles on a constant wave out of the randomness.
if you pick/strum harder should you tune to compensate? You can get some bloody horrible pitched sounds out of a light low e string if your too enthusiastic when playing
I thought it was best to not tune to the attack, as the note probably sounds way longer in it's settled state?!?!?!?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.