Bought from Musicgift?

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

JordanDuder
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Bought from Musicgift?

Post by JordanDuder »

Has anyone bought from Musicgift.co.nz or music-gift on TradeMe?

Specifically wondering about the quality of the pickups (looking for tele bridge) that they sell, and perhaps the necks, too.

Cheers!

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Re: Bought from Musicgift?

Post by sizzlingbadger »

I’m looking at a neck for a Tele, they have some pretty cheap I’d be interested if anyone has any experience too.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

I bought an output jack from them. It took a long time to turn up.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

Just looks like AliExpress stuff resold from someone domestic. In which case I'd buy direct from there, or eBay, or dhgate or somewhere else and get exactly the same product.

I never got the impression there was any sort of qc or supply chain management involved, just buying shit, adding on 75%, and whacking it on trademe.

Speaking of which, I used a $33 neck from eyguitarmusic for my first tele build. That thing was literally flawless out the box. Tusq nut, 10mm tuner holes, 22 frets immaculately dressed and a great profile. They're now $120 for the same thing.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

Or you could buy my Seymour Duncan little 59 tele bridge? :)

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

NippleWrestler wrote:Just looks like AliExpress stuff resold from someone domestic. In which case I'd buy direct from there, or eBay, or dhgate or somewhere else and get exactly the same product.

I never got the impression there was any sort of qc or supply chain management involved, just buying shit, adding on 75%, and whacking it on trademe.

Speaking of which, I used a $33 neck from eyguitarmusic for my first tele build. That thing was literally flawless out the box. Tusq nut, 10mm tuner holes, 22 frets immaculately dressed and a great profile. They're now $120 for the same thing.
Yep, looks to me like they do sweet FA on the qa front. I was looking into importing necks but doing some setup/finishing work on them. Not enough time in the day sadly. May still do it at some point.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Post by Reg18 »

I contacted him recently to see if he could get other necks in and this was his reply.

“I purchase over runs from mainly USA buyers that order in the hundreds and there maybe 10 left over. In short yes i can but i would need to wait for a dealer to order that config. or order at least 20 for me only and the wait currently ex factory is 3 months

regards Darren”

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

Nicely avoiding their country of origin.

Adrian used to import allparts necks and jazz them up with nicer profiling and fret dresses but this ain't that.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Is this the guy in Wellington? I asked him about the neck profile on one of his and he obviously knew fuck all about them.