Superswitch wiring help.

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 935 times

Superswitch wiring help.

Post by Reg18 »

I’ve got a Mr Glyn Pandora bridge pickup on the way which has 3 taps for different outputs.
It’s going to replace the Cruel Mistress which is currently in my Tele as it apparently has the Cruel Mistress as one of its taps anyway.
I’m either going to put a push pull pot in to get 2 different sounds off the pickup or a Strat 5 way Super switch to get all 3 sounds.
There’s not much info on how to wire up a super switch online, can anyone offer a diagram on wiring a Tele with 2 pickups but with 3 different wires on the bridge pickup?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7742 times
Been liked: 4186 times

Re: Superswitch wiring help.

Post by jeremyb »

The best info perhaps is from the stewmac site: https://www.stewmac.com/video-and-ideas ... nd-wiring/

However what about using a 3 way blade with each position for one of the taps and then a push-pull to bring the neck pickup into the circuit?

You would just use one side of the 3 way, one pin is the common and the other 3 are your 3 positions.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

Email Glyn. I remember he posted up a wiring diagram for a 3 way tele switch to do it, but I cant find the diagram.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3498 times
Been liked: 715 times

Post by Cdog »