Meesa want an Ash Custom.

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Phildo
Resident Tyre Kicker
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Meesa want an Ash Custom.

Post by Phildo »

Well, after gassing for an SG since I can remember and recently thinking of the things I would want to change on a Gibbo if I got one (jumbo frets, pickup change, better tuners, graphite nut ect ect..) I have just started thinking that I should work with Ash to custom make my dream SG. :D

I can see it now.... MMMMmmmmmm... 8)

Seing as I am currently broke it probably wont happen for awhile but I guess starting on idea's cant hurt.

So, what am I allowed to customise/choose? Anything? Everything? Cool! :twisted:

One think I really want to know, is it possible to have a binding on a body with beveled edges like the Gibson SG's have? Or would it look weird?

Not sure what else to say.... I need money. :mrgreen:
I cannot brain today, I have the dumb.

darkness
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: Meesa want an Ash Custom.

Post by darkness »

Back of the line :P
AFK.

Phildo
Resident Tyre Kicker

Post by Phildo »

Dang... :lol:
I cannot brain today, I have the dumb.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

Yep no queue jumping :P
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 638 times
Been liked: 807 times

Post by hamo »

Plus you've been disqualified for talking like Jar Jar Binks. :evil:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 417 times
Been liked: 1016 times

Post by bender »

hamo wrote:Plus you've been disqualified for talking like Jar Jar Binks. :evil:
Damn right!

mmm... SG...

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

yep thats a sweet strat alright - no doubt I'll regret it one day when I start lusting after strats again...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

I hope everybody realises the amazing value that Ash guitars represent.

(puts on best Ed Roman Rant imitation) :evil: if you want to settle for a plastic coated computer generated untouched by human foot production line instrument that still costs in excess of $3k - $4k and hasn't been looked at by anyone who knows a great instrument when they see it blah blah blah........ (end of Roman rant :oops: )

seriously, Ash (and a couple of other NZ luthiers who dont frequent this site so I wont name) are worth the wait and the money. Personally I wont be buying anymore production line instruments...maybe the odd quirky peice of history.
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

Mr Mukuzi O
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Mr Mukuzi O »

bluesgeek wrote:yep thats a sweet strat alright - no doubt I'll regret it one day when I start lusting after strats again...

yep, i know you will, obviously it will increse in value the longeri have it :wink:
DrMarv wrote: you can use any mic as an overhead - maybe it won't sound, like, "produced" or whatever you experts in the laptop running ableton live lite 6 and a crack of reason 2.5 bedroom recording game call it -
so there nah nah na nah nah.

darkness
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by darkness »

Lawrence wrote:I hope everybody realises the amazing value that Ash guitars represent.
which is exactly why I don't care how long it's taken. As Ash said it's been a while, but for this I know it'll be worth it.

it's turned out a bit different from what we were both expecting due to combination of parts. But in the time it's taken to make, my style of playing and what I want to play has changed a little, and I think it's going to work out just right. It seems it was just meant to be.

And after trying it out in unfinished form, I could even tell then I'm going to like it. Some people think it's expensive, but really it's a custom spec guitar, it's fantastic value.
AFK.