Gospel Blues Jam

Wear your heart on your sleeve with pride! A plethora of jams and collobarations and stuff...

Moderator: Capt. Black

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by Vorbis »

You need to be running those pedals through the GAIN channel on the amp NOT the clean.

I'm not telling you again.

:wink:
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

Damn, I was sure putting those pedals through the ADA, into the JMP-1 then into the Triaxis would give me enough gain. I was sooo wrong. Can you forgive me master?

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Basket Case »

Just realised how much gawd-awful clipping was going on in that mixdown. This one is better.
Attachments
Gospel Blues.mp3
(3.42 MiB) Downloaded 129 times

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

I soooo need to get some kind of recording set-up going on with my computer!
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

Clarky
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Clarky »

Basket Case, that's just fantastic. :lol:
Konx om Pax

Clarky
Fender
Fender

Post by Clarky »

DarcyPerry wrote:I soooo need to get some kind of recording set-up going on with my computer!
Get a Line 6 POD or GuitarPort, download Audacity, and go for it! :idea:

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Ok, I will look into that. How much is a Pod6? or that port thing? Audacity is free?

Just curious. :wink:

Ok, who did what then. I heard Peter Green start it off (rather nicely done BG), then someone (Cdog) lost in the blues, followed by SRV in a rather Johnny Copeland blue mood (well done Clarky) and finally, to end it all, Gary Moore!

All of the work was top notch in my opinion. Cdog was the most raw. I like that a lot. Great job guys. I listened to it half a dozen times and I think I learned something. Maybe a lick or two will stick in my worn out brain...

Because I couldn't join in, here is my first attempt at recording as a guitarist. It's 5 years old now. It's called Blues 4 Dad. It's also a gospel blues, funnily enough.

http://www.darcyperry.co.nz/nwn/09%20Bl ... %20Dad.mp3

Yes, I know, it's a live band. One take. 6 weeks after my dad died so VERY mellow. I had been listening to a lot of Buddy Guy in the two weeks prior to the recording. It's my first recording as an electric blues guitar player and I'll probably never better it. In my opinion, it's all been downhill from there.

I promise to look out for this new fangled software and pod thing. Unless someone can help me set it up on my laptop?
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Vorbis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Vorbis »

I think BG has a Pod, sounds gr8 for recording direct.
I also have a zoom g7 going cheap...it has a usb interface and cubase le for direct to pc recording.

/end plug/
She told me baby when you race today just take along my love with you, and if ya knew how much I love you baby, nothin' could go wrong with you.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

yup I use a Pod XT which is great for recording and headphone practice, but if all you want is to record some stuff, the toneport/guitarport are good, and Line6 also do a pocket pod now (based on the older Pod 2).

The major benefit of the XT/Toneport is that its USB plug/play :)

I'd love to hear you on some of these jams Darcy so I reckon we have to get you 'tooled up' one way or another! I reckon you'd wipe the floor with us ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Jenesis
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Jenesis »

Great work all, nice to hear Basket Case flying the flag for guitar excess.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

DarcyPerry wrote:Ok, I will look into that. How much is a Pod6? or that port thing? Audacity is free?

Ok, who did what then. I heard Peter Green start it off (rather nicely done BG), then someone (Cdog) lost in the blues, followed by SRV in a rather Johnny Copeland blue mood (well done Clarky) and finally, to end it all, Gary Moore!

All of the work was top notch in my opinion. Cdog was the most raw. I like that a lot. Great job guys. I listened to it half a dozen times and I think I learned something. Maybe a lick or two will stick in my worn out brain...

Because I couldn't join in, here is my first attempt at recording as a guitarist. It's 5 years old now. It's called Blues 4 Dad. It's also a gospel blues, funnily enough.

Yes, I know, it's a live band. One take. 6 weeks after my dad died so VERY mellow. I had been listening to a lot of Buddy Guy in the two weeks prior to the recording. It's my first recording as an electric blues guitar player and I'll probably never better it. In my opinion, it's all been downhill from there.

I promise to look out for this new fangled software and pod thing. Unless someone can help me set it up on my laptop?
actually, as your tone doesn't exactly suck :lol: you would be better off mic'ing your amp into a cheap preamp (behringer or similar) then into the laptop - the Line 6 stuff is great if you want to mess around with hundreds of amp simulations, but you've got your own tone that you're happy with, right? so mic > preamp > laptop > software (audacity is a popular freebie choice or I've got some 'lite'versions of other stuff....)

I'm looking into one of the behringer valve preamps at the moment, to record vocals with :eek: they seem to be cheap and cheerful and have a better rep than the amps they sell....
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Clarky
Fender
Fender

Post by Clarky »

DarcyPerry wrote:Ok, I will look into that. How much is a Pod6? or that port thing? Audacity is free?

Mate, your playing has IT. 8)

Check out the Line6 gear on TradeMe.

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Basket Case »

Jenesis wrote:Great work all, nice to hear Basket Case flying the flag for guitar excess.
I work on he premise that more is more :wink:

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Basket Case »

DarcyPerry wrote:

That's simply breath-taking Darcy. Absolutely beautiful.

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

Clarky wrote:Basket Case, that's just fantastic. :lol:
+1