Hamilton Gearfest II - July 11th

Info about upcoming gearfests etc

Moderator: Capt. Black

Are you coming?

Yes. I will be there.
50%
No. I won't be there (but I wish I could be).
30%
Yes. I will be there and I'm car pooling.
5%
No. I won't be there (but I might change my mind and come anyway).
15%

Total votes: 20

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Hamilton Gearfest II - July 11th

Post by rocklander »

B45-12 wrote:The Asians couldn't spell Gibson...
fixed
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

Riffles!! :lol: :lol:
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1377 times
Been liked: 2107 times

Post by GrantB »

Rog wrote:LOL!!
I thought I might bring the fake Gretsch so we can do a direct A/B compare with yours?
That's a great idea...I don't have any Asian hollow Gretsches but even so vs. an older USA one might be an interesting exercise. These modern day hollow bodies from Asia blow me away quality wise.

Here's a bargain.....http://www.bazaarofchina.com/product_in ... &language=
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

http://guitarsjapan.com/1987_Greco_Supe ... alcon.html

actually, they did a good job on that one...
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

if there'll be a PA there again this time, I'll bring along my electroc drums in case anyone is keen/knows how to drum.

I've had them for a week now and well, I play them like i've had drums for a week :oops: .. total n00b, but anyone is welcome to have a crack :D
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

god himself
Ashton
Ashton

Post by god himself »

*UNIQUE* wrote:
I thought I might bring the fake Gretsch so we can do a direct A/B compare with yours?
That's a great idea...I don't have any Asian hollow Gretsches but even so vs. an older USA one might be an interesting exercise. These modern day hollow bodies from Asia blow me away quality wise.

that is so tempting.... are you serious when you say they're good? surely not....

edit: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/sh ... p?t=783711

thats why i'm the type of person who falls for scams..... thanks google
http://www.myspace.com/grimacemaster Tell me what you think!

rob_on_guitar
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Post by rob_on_guitar »

rocklander wrote:if there'll be a PA there again this time, I'll bring along my electroc drums in case anyone is keen/knows how to drum.

I've had them for a week now and well, I play them like i've had drums for a week :oops: .. total n00b, but anyone is welcome to have a crack :D
Oh cool! I want to get some as having a live drum kit is just not viable with neighbours anymore.
Im waiting for my work sched first though, hopefully I got the right day off....

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

rob_on_guitar wrote:
rocklander wrote:if there'll be a PA there again this time, I'll bring along my electroc drums in case anyone is keen/knows how to drum.

Oh cool! I want to get some as having a live drum kit is just not viable with neighbours anymore.
Im waiting for my work sched first though, hopefully I got the right day off....
oh.. one thing.. I don't have a throne yet (sitting on a dining room chair at present).. am sure there's gonna be something there we could sit on, unless someone has a throne for the day?
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

god himself wrote:
*UNIQUE* wrote:

that is so tempting.... are you serious when you say they're good? surely not....

teehee, you'd think god himself would be less susceptible to scams... :lol:
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

GrantB
ADMIN

Post by GrantB »

god himself wrote:
*UNIQUE* wrote:

Sorry man, I should have been clearer...total scam/fake/bogus...was just following the fake theme...no one lost an eye which is cool....

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

For those who are unaware, long story short, my fake Gretsch was a gift from someone in USA. Its not a great copy, but actually sounds quite good. Certainly good enough for someone of my limited ability to gig with. That said, I'm probably going to open G it and use for slide, as it looks the part for that.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

Rog wrote:For those who are unaware, long story short, my fake Gretsch was a gift from someone in USA. Its not a great copy, but actually sounds quite good. Certainly good enough for someone of my limited ability to gig with. That said, I'm probably going to open G it and use for slide, as it looks the part for that.
I was pretty surprised how good that guitar sounds and plays. Good score for a freebie :)
My web site
My band's site

NZRS-Dave wrote:I can help with that cos I read something somewhere about it.

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 859 times
Been liked: 276 times

Post by calling card »

This will be my first gearfest & also my son will be coming, it's his 8th birthday on 11th July,
he's keen as...

Going thru a ZZ Top phase not so long ago:

2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

There will be a PA again... and this time I will plug it in! :D
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

DarcyPerry wrote:

There will be a PA again... and this time I will plug it in! :D
damn.. cos up to that point my drumming will sound awesome :lol:
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass