Both
89%

Total votes: 9

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7840 times
Been liked: 4229 times

Re: Christchurch Gearfest - Mid March 2020?

Post by jeremyb »

codedog wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
kdawg2a wrote:Due to some interforumite messaging and so forth, as a sub-plot to this gearfest should we add a stratfest?
I can pony up a few traditional spec'd (but very different) options. JB's got a goodun' and Codedog , Cdog too. What say gents?
sub-sub-plot katana fest :mrgreen:
How many Katanas are planning to turn up?
I'm sure we can convince Craig to bring his pair along, I'll have mine... errr
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 954 times

Post by Reg18 »

How do you want to run it this time? Seemed to be some push back about everyone getting a slot to share their rig last time. Do people want to do it that way, or do you all want to learn a song to jam to, or just turn up and see what happens?

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 644 times
Been liked: 810 times

Post by hamo »

Reg18 wrote:How do you want to run it this time? Seemed to be some push back about everyone getting a slot to share their rig last time. Do people want to do it that way, or do you all want to learn a song to jam to, or just turn up and see what happens?
Lol, I can just picture everyone sharing their rig now: "Hi I'm Tom, and I also have a Katana". :lol:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

well i think we defo need to avoid the breaking off into diff groups and playing over each other.Move as a group and then revisit any combo's after?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Reg18 wrote:How do you want to run it this time? Seemed to be some push back about everyone getting a slot to share their rig last time. Do people want to do it that way, or do you all want to learn a song to jam to, or just turn up and see what happens?
Randomly assign people to other people's rigs and get them to demo them :lol:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Mattallica »

I like the show and tell. Even if the gear is the same. Talking about your gear to an audience of your peers is enthusing and everyone has a slightly different spin on things.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

I don’t mind either way, as long as everyone has a good time and I get to turn my amp up for a good blast I’ll be happy!
JB, being maybe the longest standing member of the group and having attended a lot of Gearfests, which ones worked the best?

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 1052 times

Post by kdawg2a »

Reg18 wrote:I don’t mind either way, as long as everyone has a good time and I get to turn my amp up for a good blast I’ll be happy!
JB, being maybe the longest standing member of the group and having attended a lot of Gearfests, which ones worked the best?
Me, power chording metal riffs with the Marshall on 11 for 4 hours. I don't think you'll find anyone who'll disagree.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

kdawg2a wrote:
Reg18 wrote:I don’t mind either way, as long as everyone has a good time and I get to turn my amp up for a good blast I’ll be happy!
Me, power chording metal riffs with the Marshall on 11 for 4 hours. I don't think you'll find anyone who'll disagree.
I certainly wouldn’t!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Reg18 wrote: JB, the longest standing member
High praise indeed!

My favourite gearfests are the ones where everyone who wants to takes it in turns to talk about their rigs, answers questions etc, and then becomes a free for all where you can try other peoples gear, or sit around talking shit and listening to great players :)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

kdawg2a wrote:
We could sell tickets for this!

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2495 times
Been liked: 2804 times

Post by Molly »

They generally start well but descend into a noise that has to be escaped. My thoughts are that we should set a two min limit on the walk around as we each demo our gear (as that can drag on a bit) then maybe just do the swap around thing according to what you're interested in trying-out. If anybody's up for a wee jam then keep it simple like a three chord 'Cortez the Killer' type thing that anybody can get a handle on immediately.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Re: Christchurch Gearfest - 21st March 2020

Post by jeremyb »

Keen as on this idea Brian, love Cortez!

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

jeremyb wrote:
Reg18 wrote: JB, the longest standing member
High praise indeed!
I think thats actually me-swapped accounts a while back as i couldnt log in to the old one :rofl:
https://nzguitars.com//forum/memberlist ... file&u=321
Not that it matters or anything,just the sort of thing your brain unwinds from the collected tumbleweed on a 10 hr shift.Prob had the first unofficial gearfest with me,Ed and mark back in 06 or so? i think the one at mainz was the first proper one>? anyway 1am,i should go to bed.... :mental:

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3531 times
Been liked: 724 times

Re: Christchurch Gearfest - 21st March 2020

Post by Cdog »

I remember the Mainz one! 8)
Another building that no longer exists.:(